Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #1

Does FR Have Customer Tech Support?

All,
I am extremely frustrated that Forrest River does not have tech support but tells you to go to a dealer. Does the company actually have a tech support phone number? How do you run a company without tech support?

The issue that is frustrating ... I bought a used 2011 Wildwood 26RKSXL TRAVEL TRAILER that was supposedly cable ready. I cannot find an external cable hook-up. The antenna booster plate has connections for the antenna (with 1x coax running to the antenna), a 2nd tv (empty), and "cable" (which I am assuming is park cable ... and there is an organge coax connected to it). The orange coax disappears into the ceiling. I cannot find where the orange "cable" coax ends and there is no external connection. I assume you would not run coax to the "cable" connection and not connect it to an external connection at some point ... if they where trying to save money they would not install the coax at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
Always Learning

There was a list floating around a while back that was Warranty Contacts for each FR company. You could possibly start with that and see if they can point you in the right direction.

Forest River itself is just a parent company. Your issue is with the Wildwood company (which just so happens to be owned by FR- much in the same way that Ford Motor Co. owns Kia) - you need to find a contact for them.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #3

We are a new FR owner (Salem Cruise Lite) and would like to know a support number also.
We had a Gulfstream Motorhome before this and they had a support number that was answered by someone that built them.
I called them a few times and was able to fix or at least find my problem in MINUTES because they knew the coach inside and out.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #4

1 (574) 296-7700 . This is FRs main line. They were able to transfer me Wildwood for a question regarding my 5er. Good luck
Old 08-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #5

Thanks everyone! I will call them tomorrow
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Yeah... feel your pain. Just took delivery of a new Work & Play 25 ULA... I asked the dealer where the fresh wtaer tank dump was nad they had no clue...told me " somehwrw under the unit"...DUH!! an still looking for the water heater shut off valve. No info on our new gas/electric water heater either. And again... the dealer is CLUELESS!!! Had the crappiest walk through... I knew the unit better and showed them a thing or two.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Yeah... feel your pain. Just took delivery of a new Work & Play 25 ULA... I asked the dealer where the fresh wtaer tank dump was nad they had no clue...told me " somehwrw under the unit"...DUH!! an still looking for the water heater shut off valve. No info on our new gas/electric water heater either. And again... the dealer is CLUELESS!!! Had the crappiest walk through... I knew the unit better and showed them a thing or two.
So you did give us a review of this dealer in the Dealer Reviews Area then?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post

Your picture reminds me of my aunt.... we were all warned to never turn our back to her.....

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote