Old 05-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
Originally Posted by eandsphotography View Post
Anyway, i take care of it, but it's kinda nice not having to worry about when i park it, if i come out and the Clampetts' have parked next to me and have hit it with their door because 2 ton tina has to swing open the door as wide as it will go in order to squeeze her Mcbutt out of her ford fiesta.

It's funny that you all have the same peeves that I do. Peoples kids/pets running amok, litter, disrespectful drivers, etc.

I think that the main problem is that our society has become one where people have forgotten that our freedoms and rights that we hold so dear are not freedoms to do what ever we %*&%$* please but freedoms FROM things. Freedom from persecution due to religious preference, freedom from persecution for speaking out, freedom from persecution for your race or gender.

As it was once stated "Freedom of speech does not give you the right to yell Fire! in a crowded theater"

I support anyone's right to pollute their bodies all they want by smoking cigarettes but you don't have the right to pollute the air the rest of us need to breath or for that matter to leave your butts all over the ground! Our parking lot at work is an absolute mess with butts. Some have dumped out their ashtrays from their cars right on the ground! And keep in mind that mine is a government facility and all our tax dollars get spent on the monthly cleaning crew that has to come in to sweep the parking lot cause the smokers there are too lazy to put their butts in one of the 43 supplied receptacles provided for this purpose! It really ticks me off when we vistit a state or national park or anywhere for that matter and see cigarette butts laying all over the place.

You have the right to have pets/kids all you want but that doesn't give you the right to let them run rough shod all over the neighborhood (or campground) crapping all over others lawns(the pets that is). If you own a cat, that's your right, but don't let it loose to walk all over my expensive paint job on my car, that's not a right provided you by our constitution! Keep your &*&U% pets to yourself! thank you very much, Oh and keep them quiet at night too. Why is it the guy that owns the dog that the rest of the neighborhood/campground can hear at night when they are trying to sleep can't hear the dog barking themselves? Never could figure that one out.

Don't get me started on others crappy driving habits.

Jeeze this could be a long thread if we all start venting. Perhaps it's healthier that way though.

I once read where "Stress is the condition caused when the brain overrides the body's basic need to choke the living &*$# out of someone who desperately needs it"

Oh so true....

"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote