Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #1

Does it bug anyone else?

Ok, maybe it's just because I am getting older (I'm almost 42 now) but I have seen on this and on other forum groups before, the influence of text messaging starting to show up in forum posts as well as other venues. You've probably all seen it. Guys typing "u" instead of "you" or "ur" instead of "your" "4" instead of "for", etc. I don't know about anyone else but a post like this written to anything else but a phone looks totally ignorant and I give up reading in the first few words. My eyes and brain just don't read it correctly.

What I can't understand is if you have a keyboard in front of you then why can't people write intelligently with the appearance of having something over a 2nd grade education?

Posts written in this manner to me are completely distracting and unreadable. I have to admit that at times I type too fast and make an error here or there in spelling but not every other word for crying out loud!

Leave the text messaging to the phones already!
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #2

me no what u talking about

yes sir at times it will get your goat,
i am the worst at not using spellchecker online, but now i try to do it more often so i don't look/read so bad
Old 05-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #3

I agree with you. I`m 38. That is the problem with this country. we are getting lazy! maybe not you or I, but there are plenty of others that are and they are letting their kids get lazy! how much longer could it take to type a complete word?

I`m already trying to teach my son that just because a drive thru maybe faster (and sometimes they`re not) it is always better to just park the car and walk inside. better to get some excersize than none. he is active so i`m not worried about that. you can just see the laziness everywhere you look. like you see in the posts from some people.

I`m with you all the way.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
I agree with you. I`m 38. That is the problem with this country. we are getting lazy! maybe not you or I, but there are plenty of others that are and they are letting their kids get lazy! how much longer could it take to type a complete word?

I`m already trying to teach my son that just because a drive thru maybe faster (and sometimes they`re not) it is always better to just park the car and walk inside. better to get some excersize than none. he is active so i`m not worried about that. you can just see the laziness everywhere you look. like you see in the posts from some people.

I`m with you all the way.
Just look at your local gym......most people are parked at the front door, instead of doing a little warm-up by walking across the parking lot.

Even at 56 and 1 knee operation completed, I still park in the boonies in a parking lot for 2 reasons......exercise, and I don't want someone banging their doors into my vehicle.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
gate

the worst one is people who ax a question instead of asking a question!!!
gate33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:29 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gate33 View Post
the worst one is people who ax a question instead of asking a question!!!
My pet peeve is people who don't capitalize the first word in
their sentences!!
Got about 3 of you right here!!!
Hah!

Remember when you point a finger, there are 3 more pointing right
back at ya!!
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
'Just look at your local gym......most people are parked at the front door, instead of doing a little warm-up by walking across the parking lot.

Even at 56 and 1 knee operation completed, I still park in the boonies in a parking lot for 2 reasons......exercise, and I don't want someone banging their doors into my vehicle.
Yep, that`s what I`m talking about! it`s the little things that make the biggest diference.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #8

"Even at 56 and 1 knee operation completed, I still park in the boonies in a parking lot for 2 reasons......exercise, and I don't want someone banging their doors into my vehicle."

This is the exact reason why i bought a junker car that i use more then my truck that i use for camping. My wife just cant understand why when i do take the truck i park all the way at the back of the lot and usually across 2 spaces diagonally. People are just DUMB and do not care about other peoples property. To date, i have 0 door dings on my truck and i plan to keep it that way. Now, on the other hand, i bought a 92 honda civic with 255000 miles on it, that is actually in pretty decent shape and runs great. Find a chevy or ford that you can say that about at 250000 miles, DOUBTFUL!!!
Anyway, i take care of it, but it's kinda nice not having to worry about when i park it, if i come out and the Clampetts' have parked next to me and have hit it with their door because 2 ton tina has to swing open the door as wide as it will go in order to squeeze her Mcbutt out of her ford fiesta.
That brings up another issue... have you ever noticed the fattest people drive the smallest cars?? i'm still trying to figure that one out.
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #9

Because people are lazy and perhaps a little stupid - how many people absolutely need calculators to do simple math. Perhaps off the subject but it really bugs me how people litter. Just came back from a bird walk at a lake surrounded by marsh, woods and trails. Really pretty area. Impossilbe to keep clean. Fishermen/women don't clean up their area. I've seen this throughout this country - the bridges in the Florida Keys are the worst. I think all fishing supplies should be taxed double and the money goes toward a cleanup fund.
ljcpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #10
CampeRooo

People who have kids and don't discipline their freakin' brats drives me up the wall. We were camped out across from this huge diesel bus with a bunch of kids in it and these little *&&^%%&'s worked on tearing the camping spot number sign out of the ground, dropped their juice boxes and other wrappers everywhere they went, and shot those little plastic b.b.'s all over the campground....including ours. I'd love to take the parents to the lake and shove them off the end of the dock and ask them to please pull their head out of their @$$ long enough to see the destruction their spawn are having on the environment. If you can't keep them under control, do the world a favor and stop having them.

Which leads me to the next thought....if we're heading in the direction of saving the planet and cleaning up the environment, quit having kid after kid after kid after kid if you cant afford them, can't keep them under control, and can't afford to have someone at home to raise them rather then dropping them off at wherever someone else will take care of them. Weekends at the campground isn't enough to raise a child. Give us a freakin break already. Maybe it's time people scaled back on the material objects and focus more on what's really important...their family and their children...the right to claim that they are truely "raising a family" is earned, not assumed.

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandsphotography View Post
Anyway, i take care of it, but it's kinda nice not having to worry about when i park it, if i come out and the Clampetts' have parked next to me and have hit it with their door because 2 ton tina has to swing open the door as wide as it will go in order to squeeze her Mcbutt out of her ford fiesta.

It's funny that you all have the same peeves that I do. Peoples kids/pets running amok, litter, disrespectful drivers, etc.

I think that the main problem is that our society has become one where people have forgotten that our freedoms and rights that we hold so dear are not freedoms to do what ever we %*&%$* please but freedoms FROM things. Freedom from persecution due to religious preference, freedom from persecution for speaking out, freedom from persecution for your race or gender.

As it was once stated "Freedom of speech does not give you the right to yell Fire! in a crowded theater"

I support anyone's right to pollute their bodies all they want by smoking cigarettes but you don't have the right to pollute the air the rest of us need to breath or for that matter to leave your butts all over the ground! Our parking lot at work is an absolute mess with butts. Some have dumped out their ashtrays from their cars right on the ground! And keep in mind that mine is a government facility and all our tax dollars get spent on the monthly cleaning crew that has to come in to sweep the parking lot cause the smokers there are too lazy to put their butts in one of the 43 supplied receptacles provided for this purpose! It really ticks me off when we vistit a state or national park or anywhere for that matter and see cigarette butts laying all over the place.

You have the right to have pets/kids all you want but that doesn't give you the right to let them run rough shod all over the neighborhood (or campground) crapping all over others lawns(the pets that is). If you own a cat, that's your right, but don't let it loose to walk all over my expensive paint job on my car, that's not a right provided you by our constitution! Keep your &*&U% pets to yourself! thank you very much, Oh and keep them quiet at night too. Why is it the guy that owns the dog that the rest of the neighborhood/campground can hear at night when they are trying to sleep can't hear the dog barking themselves? Never could figure that one out.

Don't get me started on others crappy driving habits.

Jeeze this could be a long thread if we all start venting. Perhaps it's healthier that way though.

I once read where "Stress is the condition caused when the brain overrides the body's basic need to choke the living &*$# out of someone who desperately needs it"

Oh so true....

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote