Old 08-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #31

2015 F350 Platinum Fx4 6.7 Diesel Dually. B&W turnover, B&W Companion, air bags and wireless controller.
2015 Heartland Road Warrior 420 Rt
2012 f250 Fx4 6.7 Diesel crew cab tinted n tuned
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #32
2014 XLR 27HFS
We keep everything on it that we need except beer and food. If it's a weekend trip, I can be rolling in 30 minutes - that doesn't count grocery shopping or cooling off the fridge. If the upcoming trip is several weeks, it's a few days prep time - especially if the bike is going camping with us.

Dave & Audrey
dave961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #33
Originally Posted by B D HOWie View Post
We bought the RV so we can take the dogs. Saves the trip to kennel and the expense. Dogs are happy when they get to head for the camper rather than the car. A look at our avatar, sign-in ID and signature will confirm. Yes they are spoiled rotten, but they love us and are part of the family. They generally ride on a pillow between the front seats of our C or DW's lap and sleep on the same pillow.
We used to have bassett hounds who would not eat while at the kennel. We first leased then eventually bought our own trailer. We now have two chihuahua mix dogs and a beagle and they do get excited when they see the trailer in the driveway.

We pull the trailer out of storage about two weeks prior to the trip. Since we both work full time, that gives us enough enough time to get everything that needs to be loaded and not forget anything.
2011 8314 BSS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad-cab SLT
Makoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #34
I have no idea how long it takes.

I don't own a watch.

Or a calendar.

BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #35
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I have no idea how long it takes.

I don't own a watch.

Or a calendar.

Some people have all the luck!!!!!

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #36
First camping trip about a week on and off checking rv out next few is easier load and go.
2007 GMC 2500 Duramax Crew Cab LB
2008 5th Wheel Cardinal 36LE
R Whitlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #37
Everyone is talking about stocking the RV but what about the house. Don't forget to put your mail delivery on hold, and if you are going to be gone more than a week and have private garbage pickup give them a call and have them put you on vacation hold and get a credit or the day(s) they didn't pick up. Also, I always turn the whole house water off (don't want any vandals turning on the outside faucet and letting it run for a week or so)(also keeps the house from being flooded if the washer supply hose should break), put the water heater on pilot, and lift the bail on the ice maker in the frig so it isn't trying to make cubes when there is no water.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RS
2011 F-150 Super Crew XLT
Days camped in 2014 - 23
Camped 2015 - 47
Camped 2016 - 51 done - 6 more planned so far
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #38
Other than the first trip we can be on our way within 30 minutes. The outside stuff is always good to go. We keep clothing, shoes, boots etc in the m/h. When we get home from a trip I bring in all the bedding and dirty clothes, wash and return them. I make up the bed again and clean everything. I carry basic food items from a checklist and keep track of items used during a trip and restock when we get home. We keep it plugged in at home with the fridge and freezer stocked and ready. Just a matter of adding fresh veg milk eggs etc from the fridge at home along with meds passports or anything special and away we go. Dog travels with us. It gets easier in time. We've been camping for a very long and are organized. It helps. Easier load up means less stress and a better trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
nights camped 2015-89
2016 - 31
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #39
Generally all I need to load in the TT is medicines for DH and myself, dog food (grab a small bag at store while buying perishables).
TT cleaned after last trip, pantry (use what is there), dirty laundry washed next to last day of camping.
Can be ready to leave within 1 hour AFTER the TT is brought home.
Al and Deb
Sarge, Sugar and Ginger
2006 Silverado "Predator"
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #40
Holy smokes! After this trip I think we need a thread about how long it takes to UNLOAD after a trip!

I'm not gonna 'git in a snit' about it though.....pulled in at 11 PM last night, backed 'er in, hooked 'er up and ran out all the slides. Then we both crashed...slept in a bit this morning.

HEY, I even drove the rig for a while last night! White knuckle time!

I'll unload at my leisure. Just brought in essentials last night; meds, our "my pillow" pillows that go with us where *ever* we go (need to buy 2 more for the RV) and the laundry.

the laundry!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote