Old 09-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #71

I keep my camper stocked. Dishes, toiletries, linens, towels, can goods, dog food, etc are always kept in the camper. After A trip I keep a bin near the laundry room and anything that needs to goes back in the camper go in the bin. I keep the pantry of camper stocked. The day we leave,we take the bin, the cooler with the usual refrig stuff, clothes all put in the truck.(if camper is at storage). We stop on the way for perishables so that we only have to handle the food once. Im a single mom with 2 dogs and 3 kids. Being the only adult, this is the easiest and fastest for me. I also make a rule to camp 4 nights at a time. Makes it much more enjoyable!

Nights camped 2015 3
Duramax mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:49 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybp57 View Post
Part of the fun of camping is improvising. I'm betting you could leave a lot of " neccesities" at home and never really miss them.
I tried that once, she beat me to the truck.......

Old 09-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #73
RKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I tried that once, she beat me to the truck.......

Ha , now that's funny.

Sent from a high tech gadget
Old 09-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #74
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax mom View Post
I keep my camper stocked. Dishes, toiletries, linens, towels, can goods, dog food, etc are always kept in the camper. After A trip I keep a bin near the laundry room and anything that needs to goes back in the camper go in the bin. I keep the pantry of camper stocked. The day we leave,we take the bin, the cooler with the usual refrig stuff, clothes all put in the truck.(if camper is at storage). We stop on the way for perishables so that we only have to handle the food once. Im a single mom with 2 dogs and 3 kids. Being the only adult, this is the easiest and fastest for me. I also make a rule to camp 4 nights at a time. Makes it much more enjoyable!
I went "grazing" in our home pantry this weekend and told my husband I'd discovered that "my pantry in the 5er is better stocked than my pantry here at home!"

We keep the all-important "bin" near the back door. Same routine: everything that needs to go back in, goes in there, and any new purchases (which never seem to end....last week's purchases included two miniature mason jar oil lamps...citronella oil that is....and better (fabric instead of plastic) awning tabs for hanging awning lights) go in there too. I'm buying self retracting ratchet straps for the awning poles next. I showed 'em to OC and he beat me to buying some of 'em.

Linens (as stated earlier) get laundered after each trip and go right back in the RV as soon as they come out of the dryer.

We've always known well ahead of time that we'll be camping on such and such weekend, so I don't get in a hurry. I do a bit each day; checking paper goods supply, loading stuff from "the bin", etc.

All mechanical stuff is Sneak's job. He normally does most of that during the week before leaving, with tire pressures, etc. done the night before and again just before heading out. We're fortunate to have shore power and the night before heading out he backs the truck into the back yard and hitches up, then closes the gates to the privacy fence with it hitched and ready to go the next morning. If we're leaving on a Friday evening he drives our little "grocery getter" (Ford Ranger aka "25" aka F250 wanna be) or my Jeep Wrangler to work on Friday.

He and I agree that being OCD is a *good* thing when it comes to RVing.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote