Old 05-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Domestic fridge fan on 5-6 sec and off for 20-25 sec constant cycle

It is a constant cycle. Trailer is a 2010 with a Domestic frridge/freezer compartment. First time camping this season and first time we started hearing the fridge fan cycling repeatedly. Opened the back of fridge from outside the trailer, can see a fan at top near the coils that has a sensor attached. Replaced a fuse and thought the problem was fixed then the cycle of on and off kept repeating itself. Annoying. I would disconnect the fan if I thought it was ok, but not sure if there is a problem with the fan or if it is the sensor that is causing the fan to repeat the cycle continuously. I removed the fuse a few times to stop the fan from coming on and then put the fuse in. It would work ok, for a short period but once the fan cut in once it would repeat the on and off cycle. It would be alright if the fan cut in for awhile and then cut out but this short cycle appears the fan is indecisive as if it doesn't know if it should be on or off. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution. I may try replacing the sensor first, eventhough it is hard to reach and not sure how it is attached to the coils.
simonsophie is offline   Reply With Quote