Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2016, 07:09 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Kmsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Dometic 300 Toilet Replacement Question

So our first 4 or 5 times out all went well. This last trip over the 4th of July the bathroom stunk something awful. It actually even smelled just outside the camper where the tank drain is at when the toilet was flushed. I have since been investigating and found I do have a 300 model toilet and wondered who I need to contact to get it replaced. I'm not sure why the smell was outside the camper also. I came home and flushed the black tank until clear water was coming out of the drain and the next day I stepped in the camper and have since added additional chemicals and left the doors open since it is parked inside. Any insight on how to get my toilet replaced would be greatly appreciated. The camper is a Heritage Glen 263RL.

Thanks, Kent
__________________

__________________
The Smith's
2016 Wildwood Heritage Glen 263RL
2001 Chevy 3500 Duramax
Kmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmsmith View Post
So our first 4 or 5 times out all went well. This last trip over the 4th of July the bathroom stunk something awful. It actually even smelled just outside the camper where the tank drain is at when the toilet was flushed. I have since been investigating and found I do have a 300 model toilet and wondered who I need to contact to get it replaced. I'm not sure why the smell was outside the camper also. I came home and flushed the black tank until clear water was coming out of the drain and the next day I stepped in the camper and have since added additional chemicals and left the doors open since it is parked inside. Any insight on how to get my toilet replaced would be greatly appreciated. The camper is a Heritage Glen 263RL.

Thanks, Kent
The smell issue can be due to many reasons. Are you using chemicals? You should get a lot of responses here as this is a common subject. I am new to this and will be watching for these responses.

Having said that:
I am going to replace my 300 with an elongated unit for other reasons. I hate having to tuck myself in. I am too big, too old and have a few spendable dollars now.
__________________

__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 1,865
I did read that you added chemicals. Just asking if you had been using them prior?
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
davel1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Seaford, De
Posts: 2,240
the smell is likely from your toilet. I had that problem in a 2014 Wildwood. Your dealer should be well aware of the issue with them, and replace it under warranty with an updated model.
__________________
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Kmsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
I did read that you added chemicals. Just asking if you had been using them prior?
Yes we always you chemicals. Actually as soon as i empty it i add some water and chemical immediately.
__________________
Kmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Kmsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Thanks, I did not know if i had to take it to the dealer or if Dometic would send one and just replace it myself...
__________________
The Smith's
2016 Wildwood Heritage Glen 263RL
2001 Chevy 3500 Duramax
Kmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
davel1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Seaford, De
Posts: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmsmith View Post
Thanks, I did not know if i had to take it to the dealer or if Dometic would send one and just replace it myself...
wouldn't hurt to try that route first. Would be my preference too. They are easy to replace, and I don't want mine at the dealer unless absolutely necessary.
__________________
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 1,865
You can search YouTube. I have found numerous videos showing the the effort.

Looks simple to me.

__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Kmsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
wouldn't hurt to try that route first. Would be my preference too. They are easy to replace, and I don't want mine at the dealer unless absolutely necessary.
Yes it should be the same as a house toilet. Disconnect the water lines, undo the (2 )7/16 nuts at the base, lift off and replace. Its definitly under warranty but just trying to avoid having to be in the shop if they would send to me. Guess I can just contact Dometic tomorrow.
__________________
Kmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:15 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Louisiana
Posts: 88
I had same problem. Called Dometic and they sent a new updated toilet to my house. easy job just DO NOT TILT the toilet when removing form RV the liquid between the upper and lower half will spill on the floor. That is where the smell is from, the open area on the back side.
__________________

__________________
drc343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dometic, replacement

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.