Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
Engineer of Crazy Train

We are heading out this weekend also. We were going to take the little one out of school and leave early. But with the rain, I rather have her in school, and not sitting around inside the camper.

Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvillebly View Post
Leaving tomorrow for the first camp out of the season. Lousy spring in NE Ohio but Good Sam Chapter #6 will be at West Branch State Park this weekend. Rain and cool temps forecasted but our campfire will be fired up. As they say ' a bad day camping is better than being stuck indoors for another weekend '. Wish us well!
Heading to west branch fathers day weekend. reserved a site in January ( #19) but did a drive by 2 weeks ago and haven't slept since. I love the location and views, but I am trying to figure out how I will ever get my Roo233s level in the site and if I will even be able to get my slide and side bunk out.

Love the campground overall and marked all of the level sites on a map for future visits.

Days Camped 2012 = 42
Days Camped 2013 = 9 planned before April 1st
Local Ohio CGs - Punderson SP and West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #13

Some rain, some cold but overall a great weekend with camping friends at West Branch State Park. Everything is working in the RV and we are looking forward to a great camping season.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvillebly View Post
Some rain, some cold but overall a great weekend with camping friends at West Branch State Park. Everything is working in the RV and we are looking forward to a great camping season.
Glad all is well with your trip. As for me and my sweetie, we couldn't care less what the weather is about! Fine weather is great, but the most memorable trips involve some "adverse" weather. We enjoy all temperatures and conditions. I sit outside with a handheld Amateur transceiver and my wife reads and works on her fingernails. It's all good! Any time away from home and the associated obligations is good.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #15

I really enjoy a light drizzle with a little haze,no wind.and a slight chill in the air.
Nothing better than a fire with a pot of chili cooking,sitting around just relaxing waiting to eat.No phones or anything bothering us.After eating maybe do a little fishing.Aaaaaagh i cant wait.