Old 12-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #11
Site Team
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Having been on various non-brand specific RV forums for 10 years, I've seen complaints about all brands, not just FR.
Bad QC is an industry-wide issue.
Makes you wonder what would happen if a Japanese or Korean manufacturer got into the market. I bet quality would go up by leaps and bounds; across ALL manufacturers.

2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost, 2016 Surveyor 274BHS
2003 Yamaha FJR1300, Demco Premiere Slider
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #12
If quality improved too much what would we all talk about?

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #13
Originally Posted by AWS View Post
The idea of a Forest River fix-it crew certainly speaks volumes about Forest River. When you say they are available at the FROG Convention I am not sure exactly when you are talking about. Looking at the FROG Event List, I see Lunches / Dinners, Campouts, Rally & Trips, and Shows. Do you mean the International Rally in Goshen IN, other Rally Trips and Campouts or something else?

Yes, The International Rally in Goshen is all the rave the past 4 years.
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #14
This was my 1st time going to Goshen this last August. I can tell you from my stand point, join (FROG) Forest River Owners Group! Then make reservations for next September 2015 for the FROG Rally. It will be the best time you ever spent with your family and making new friends while you are there. Forest River will be there showing you they care about their Customers. They have Seminars on how to do, tours of the Factories, touring adventures of the Amish Community, evening music and Venders for RV needs. You must Register and pay an entry to go to this event, but it is well spent money to attend. Mr. Bob Byrnes is the Event coordinator, and will take care of your stay. I hope this is helpful information for you,
popinfresh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #15
Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Great comments and let me add to it....yes there was a charge of a few hundred dollars or so...but that not only covered your campsite for 6 or 7 nights, it included electric and water plus the honey wagon came around mid week to empty your black water.
Plus there was an all you could eat breakfast every morning and great dinners 4 nights of the week. If you had to walk a ways...a courtesy tractor came along with a multi passenger cart that allowed for lots of friendliness.
As to the Forest River Fix it crew, how great was that? There was a building set up where you got to meet with a representative from the different companies. Berkshire and those guys had theirs, Rockwood and Flagstaff had theirs etc. You turned in your "fix It" requests and a few days later your camping area was swamped by a bunch of top notch technicians directly from the plant that made your unit. It was fantastic! Prior to going to Goshen I had priced out problems that I created (bent rear stabilizer, canopy posts almost torn off, door handle broken and falling off (come on guys...I was a newbie last February when we first got it and had to learn the hard way) so the total came to almost $ high the storage facility where we kept it. My experience not only offset the few hundred it cost to go...but probably close to $1000 more.
Guys got new windows, dings and scratches fixed and a whole bunch more. One guy we met had a 2001 5th wheel that needed new windows, he didn't get them for free but he got a heck of a deal direct from the window manufacturer with Forest Rivers help.

It was fun, educational, and an all around great time!
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #16
Thank you all for the great recommendations.

AWS is offline   Reply With Quote