Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #1

Downsize from a Wildcat 31RE?

Last year I purchased a 2011 Wildcat 31 fiver. It is in great shape and I got a good deal on a private purchase. But I'm realizing it is a little too big for many of the places I would like to camp. I'm considering downsizing a little and would love to hear any recommendations you may have. I'd like to have at least one slide out, but don't need a TV. How's that for criteria?
Thanks!
John
John Vanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:38 AM   #2

Our 19' HTT isn't anywhere near as big/ tall/ or long as your 5er. But we have seen all to well the exact thing you speak of within our local CG when people come to camp. Maneuvering can be a bit of a challenge, and you can be somewhat limited to certain camp sites. Sometimes it is pure entertainment just watching these pull into the CG.

We upgraded from a Pop Up, and knowing we didn't need to bring the entire house with us camping, we opted for a smaller HTT. Still keeping the Pop Up canvas feel. And it fits in ALL spots and maneuvers beautifully.

Hybrid would be what I would suggest...still giving you plenty of interior space, and a lot of your current TT options would most likely be readily available to you, and of course the open feeling of being one with nature, if you so desire.

Best of luck.

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:11 AM   #3

Are you wanting to stay with a fiver?

I understand what you are saying about the size. Bigger isn't always better. I have two young boys, so we have a bunkhouse model. But if it was just the wife and I, I would own something like this.

Funtime RV Inc - Mobile Web

For me, it's the perfect size.
Tonkatoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vanek View Post
Last year I purchased a 2011 Wildcat 31 fiver. It is in great shape and I got a good deal on a private purchase. But I'm realizing it is a little too big for many of the places I would like to camp. I'm considering downsizing a little and would love to hear any recommendations you may have. I'd like to have at least one slide out, but don't need a TV. How's that for criteria?
Thanks!
John
Will you consider a TT? If so, 23' or 24' seems to be a sweet spot.
mbCik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat