Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 10-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #1

Driveway camping "living"

We are moving and thanks to the process and my DW needing new carpet and paint we will be without beds for close to a week.

No problem. Sleeping in the camper for a few nights at the current house since the family can help this weekend to pack the truck. Then sleeping in the drive of the new house since it will be next weekend before we can unpack the truck.

Boy the new neighbors are going to love us.

2 Vizsla's Mizuno & Zeno, 1 Weimaraner Kayda

2013 Nights Camped 7
vizsla owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #2

Just last night, DW and I discussed moving into our TT, in our driveway, while we refinish the first-floor floors of our stick-house.

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #3

Red face

Funny, we just refinished our floors 2 weeks ago and lived in the camper for a night. Unfortunately it was so un-level next to the house that we nearly fell out of bed.

Jamie
Old 10-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #4

We also driveway camped when we refinished our hardwood floors last year. It worked out really well.
Traveled 16036 miles and 142 nights in 5 years and counting
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #5

Pretty popular in my area to buy a camper to live in while the house is being built. One family was living in a hybrid for a few months while they were doing additions on a 1800's farm house down the street.
2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #6

We used our 5th wheel in the driveway while our kitchen was gutted and remodeled. We slept in the house but all meals in the rv. Kept toaster and coffee maker in the bathroom. It took about two months because of a delay in counters. We were into December before it was done, had a couple mornings when the fresh water hose was froze but nothing in rv was damaged. We were lucky because Ohio can get cold in December.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
jdadoug

Living in the camper

We have been in our Cardinal since June
Gutted the kitchen and bathroom.......... doing most of the work myself and as the money comes.
Just got the bathroom done so it wont be long now. (just came into the camper after hanging the last piece of sheet rock and doing the mudding)

Wifey cant wait to get back in the house........hate to say it, but I kinda like living in the camper. I'm just glad we didn't have to do this in our
"learning camper".
jdadoug
Old 10-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #8

We slept in our driveway in our motorhome for several weeks last year while a real carpenter and I gutted and rebuilt both of our bathrooms. Every morning I would move it into the street so the carpenter could get his trailer in the driveway.

The day we got it complete enough to move back in, my dearly beloved's brother and his wife arrived from Oregon with their travel trailer, which they then occupied in our driveway for a week.

Several times we've had more visitors than bedrooms and we just bring the motorhome from storage for extra space.

We have great neighbors who don't complain. That's a great thing about living in a neighborhood for almost 40 years. The young family across the street enjoys the trip reports that we e-mail to them. Their older kids enjoy the money we pay them for cutting the grass, etc., while we are gone!
Old 10-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #9
jdadoug

Living in the camper

Dang, Rambler guy I guess that's what's been my trouble all this time.............. shoulda hired a real carpenter!!
Actually I did hire a carpenter, but I soon found out he was a "roughen iner"
Not a finisher!!!
So now I 'm doing all the finish work, and plumbing......... I hate painting about as bad as mudding and sanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
We slept in our driveway in our motorhome for several weeks last year while a real carpenter and I gutted and rebuilt both of our bathrooms. Every morning I would move it into the street so the carpenter could get his trailer in the driveway.

The day we got it complete enough to move back in, my dearly beloved's brother and his wife arrived from Oregon with their travel trailer, which they then occupied in our driveway for a week.

Several times we've had more visitors than bedrooms and we just bring the motorhome from storage for extra space.

We have great neighbors who don't complain. That's a great thing about living in a neighborhood for almost 40 years. The young family across the street enjoys the trip reports that we e-mail to them. Their older kids enjoy the money we pay them for cutting the grass, etc., while we are gone!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #10

Our Daughter and Husband lived in their camper 3 months. We built a new house in the fall of 2010 and 7 months later it was hit by a tornado, so they bought a camper while we rebuilt. Their insurance gave them a housing allowance, so the kids applied it to the camper. Now they have another new house and a camper.

Tags
camping