Old 02-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #11
Buy the Honda eu2000. I have 2 of them I run parallel and they work great. I found them for $900 delivered. I like that I can just run 1 for charging the battery, TV, wall plugs etc... and I only need the 2nd one for ac and microwave (which I've never used). Plus 2 2000s are cheaper than one 3200 with more power. I know you have 2 motors and potentially twice the problems but I also like that if one goes down, I still have a 2nd one to get through the trip. I do a lot of boon-docking and they're great. Also I highly recommend the extended run gas tank. I have 2 6 gallon tanks and each generator will run non stop for about 4 to 5 days.

Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #12
Site Team
Suggest one Eu2000 and one EU2000 companion. Makes parallel operation better. Also if you don't need AC you can leave one at home.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #13
I suggest thinking of where you will be camping and whether you think you will need 2 units. I have 2 units to use for ac, but never have needed to.

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"
2014 Stealth Evo 2850- "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7- "Clifford"
2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Track Pack- "Julia"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #14
If you dry camp a second battery is a must. In spring or fall (cooler or higher altitude camping) your furnace fan will draw down your Batteries more than any single thing while dry camping. Plugging a good size battery charger into your generator and connecting directly to your batteries will bring them up to charge quicker than anything. Yamaha and Honda generators are very quiet and that is good for your neighbours. If you do a lot of dry camping a good sized solar panel is nice to use as it charges all the time while traveling or parked except at night and Used in combo with a smaller generator (2000-2400 w) and battery charger will keep you dry camped indefinitely. Some of the nicest camp spots are unserviced.
2015 Flagstaff 26FKWS
rthomaslyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #15
so what is the correct answer... plug into the camper and use the charger built in to charge the batteries or use an external battery charger and charge the batteries directly....? which is faster?

and what posts do you hook up to the battery charger...the same that your feeds to the camper use?
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Flagstaff 21FBRS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:03 AM   #16
Generally much faster to use a battery charger to top up (if it is enought amps, not a small trickle charger) than the converter.
Connect postive red charger wires to +ve battery termnal, -ve to -ve, just like charging a car battery that has died.
Calgary, AB Canada
Ridenfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:11 AM   #17
also, on the Honda vs Champion issue, both will parallel with one of the same brand. I have 1 Champion and follow a forum on them occasionally. It's not just about their wattage rating but also about what amp inrush they'll handle without tripping on overload. The Honda's are better. Depending on your AC brand/model rating, some can even get a single Honda 1600 to start and run their ac, (no other loads) whereas the Champion wont' start it on a sinlge unit, (but in that case would run it after the AC was up and running. Consensus was the Honda had superior inrush loading capability and overload tiem capability before shutting off, but it's almost double the cost per unit so.......
I don't run AC, so only have 1 Champion and it's been fine. The Honda is a little smaller (narrower) but similar weight.
Per above comments, pick a brand you can afford, buy one and trie the AC. if it won't start it, but the 2nd and a paralleling kit, then either brand should start the AC.
That way you can run only 1 unit when not running AC, etc

Calgary, AB Canada
Ridenfun is offline   Reply With Quote

camping, dry camping, generator