Old 06-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Oh no I assure you there is pressure... It comes out with force!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I have never had poop on my roof before, so I will concede this exchange based on your experience.

Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #92
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlatter View Post
Agreed, but no pressurization, other than gravity, occurs.
Like there is no pressure when you overfill your vented fresh water tank?

Old 06-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #93
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_silverside View Post
likewise here, I always offer to help especially if they are elderly. I was raised to help if at all possible but with that said some of them are really hard headed and stubborn and some just mean. Most campers in our area are the nicest folks you will ever meet. I can say I have only had one cooler of wine coolers stolen from an Auburn ballgame we were tailgating (not really camping just having a good time) But there are always exceptions
Well, just what did you expect to happen when you put up all those "Roll Tide" signs.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #94

I often see people filling their fresh water tanks with the black water hose at the filling/dump stations, don't the realize people put that hose down there dump hose. That is just gross.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:30 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Like there is no pressure when you overfill your vented fresh water tank?

Forgot to open the grey valve once and water was backing up in bathroom sink and shower pan, thank goodness it never made it to the floor FDW was paying close attention.

2016 F350 CREW 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 06-08-2016, 02:35 PM   #96

Not every time!

Remember one weekend a storm blew in off Toledo Bend Lake out of no where! Pulled awning legs off camper, put them under RV. Ran to help brother next door. We ran across the park to help a buddy, picking up another helper. By the time we finished, 7 people putting in awnings!
Two ripped completely off campers, 3 boats(tied off) sunk (mine included).
Cooperation!!!!
Dave
Old 06-08-2016, 02:43 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
You speak as if drinking from a garden hose is a bad thing. Many generations grew up drinking from a hose, and better yet still do to this day. Drinking water from the Well was another drinking outlet. People are way too germaphobic these days.
This is in response to all the people who took offense to my mentioning that using a garden hose for your city water connection was not the best thing to do.

Drinking water from a garden hose may not be a bad thing in small doses but it is not a good thing either. Do a search. Yes I grew up in the 60's and 70's and used to drink out of the hose a lot as a kid and sometimes still do. However, garden hoses are not potable water hoses. There are studies showing toxins come from the hose and build up in the hose, and they especially get into the water when the water is left sitting in the hose, sort of like a filled hose connected to an RV and city water. Add heat like in the summer and it gets worse.

It is even suggested to run your water for a while from your garden hose before watering your vegetables. Saying there is nothing wrong with you has nothing to do with what sort of chemicals you may be ingesting. They make white RV hoses for a reason and it's not just to make money.

Either way, you do what you want to do and I will do what I want to do, the info is out there.

Harmful Chemicals: Is Your Garden Hose Toxic? | TIME.com

Is Your Garden Hose Toxic? | Small Footprint Family

2005 Chevy Tahoe
2014 Surveyor Select SV 264

2017 - 45 Nights Camping
Beluga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Dumbest thing I've seen while camping is a father, mother, and 2 small children all riding on the same ATV. All were without helmets and the ATV was being ridding fairly fast.

I almost lost a friend who rolled an ATV (5 broken ribs, 2 collapsed lungs, and a partridge and a pear tree) and I take ATV safety very seriously and have witnessed too many ATV accidents. A small bump or rock on an otherwise easy trail can cause bump steer and bad things to happen.

Be safe out there and always wear a helmet!
Not a camping story, but interesting just the same....

This reminds me of a time I was in the Dominican Republic. I saw 7 people on a motorcycle. There were 3 on the seat, 2 on the handle bars and two standing on each side of the frame while holding on the the ones on the seat. All this while black smoke billowing from the tailpipe. I asked the taxi driver how fast we were going. He replied 40 km/h ( I am not sure what that equates to mph). I was curious to our speed because the bike passed us a was quickly pulling away.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
You speak as if drinking from a garden hose is a bad thing. Many generations grew up drinking from a hose, and better yet still do to this day. Drinking water from the Well was another drinking outlet. People are way too germaphobic these days.

Yes, me too and still do. Just not with a hose stuck in the black hose. I too, have seen this.

Brandi

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbrandi View Post
Yes, me too and still do. Just not with a hose stuck in the black hose. I too, have seen this.

Brandi

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
If your turn your chairs the other way you don't see any of it!
Keep the Shades & Ear Buds on!

Tags
camping