Old 06-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
I accidentally hooked up the fresh water hose to the black water rinse-out.

Moments later I heard squealing from the trailer. The water built up pressure in the tank and when my wife flushed, brown stuff exploded all over her and the bathroom ceiling, walls, and floor.

That little sticker that says "open the valve while flushing" is for real !
Our first week with the new fiver, DH did this. Luckily I was inside monitoring the water levels on the light up panel, so it didn't get that far!

Out came the Sharpie pen, and a diagram was drawn on the inside of the door to the valve station. Hasn't happened since!

Don, Kim, Donny Jr., Sarge, Ginger & Buddy ~ Pittsburgh, PA
Sharps45120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
I accidentally hooked up the fresh water hose to the black water rinse-out.

Moments later I heard squealing from the trailer. The water built up pressure in the tank and when my wife flushed, brown stuff exploded all over her and the bathroom ceiling, walls, and floor.

That little sticker that says "open the valve while flushing" is for real !
So how long before the Love of Your Life spoke to you? I mean in normal terms, regular volume, and minus the colorful sailor terminology? It would have been DAYS at my campsite!

D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
So how long before the Love of Your Life spoke to you? I mean in normal terms, regular volume, and minus the colorful sailor terminology? It would have been DAYS at my campsite!

I would have been buying MK, Prada, Gucci, or Coach bags to make up for it but I usually check this stuff myself so at that point she would have taken photos and onto FB they go.

2016 F350 CREW 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 06-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat958 View Post
last week I saw a camper trying to back his tv and camper around a tight corner with his weight dist bars still on. I was on phone -it was 9pm making a terrible sound of course so I ended my call which I couldnt hear anyways and went over and suggested he take his bars off. I told him I used to pull in to cg take off bars while dw went to the office.I showed him how to take bars easily. he thanked me and brought me a beer the next afternoon.
That makes sense. I never thought about it, but I would imagine bars could interfere with the turning radius. My biggest gripe is narrow roads in RV parks. We park our TT in my parents RV park lot (they have a little apartment they live in). You only have about one foot on either side if you are in the center. Thanks for your comment.
2015 23BD Grey Wolf, 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights
Life is short
mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:32 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyGirl View Post
GA State Parks reserve you a space. Which is good for us this time because the site we wanted was in a party zone. Since we got to choose, this time we were closer to the bath house (Cloudland isn't full hookup), a little more privacy and a quieter spot. So we got to pick our neighbors. Jekyll Island is not a state campground any longer even though most of the island is a state park. We picked our site (a nice, long pull-through) on line. Our neighbors weren't the greatest. One bunch kept walking through our site to get to the woods behind us to get firewood. Had to bite my tongue to not say something ugly but they finally got the message and stopped.
That's when I tie the dog out and let her do the talking.
2015 23BD Grey Wolf, 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights
Life is short
mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Iíll be both dry camping and solo this weekend. Two things I have yet to do with the new TT. I will more than welcome and may even solicit help especially backing in. My TT is 35í long and this campground has an advertised length limit of only 28í. I had to get special permission from the park manager and book 2 adjacent sites. Itís going to be a tight and awkward place to get my trailer into. Add the fact that Iíve got no co-pilot and this will possibly turn into another thread about dumb things people do with campers.

If anyone happens to find themselves in Kettletown State Park in Danbury, CT this weekend and sees a moron trying to crowbar a TT into a space thatís not meant for something that big, PLEASE help.
That's about 30 minutes from where I live, good luck trying to get anything in there, you'll be lucky to get a pop-up in there. There's only one state park that can take that size and that's Hammonasset.
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:25 PM   #127
Prime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged123 View Post
That's about 30 minutes from where I live, good luck trying to get anything in there, you'll be lucky to get a pop-up in there. There's only one state park that can take that size and that's Hammonasset.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1465597506861.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	110733

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
and WHY in a almost completely empty park that has 20 or 30 EMPTY pristine spots do people have to pick the one right next door?????
"REALLY DUDE? You just drove past all those lots to pull in right next to me and then glare at me because I have dogs? I'm out here by myself for a reason!!! I don't want to be your new best friend!!!!"

OK....rant over....maybe!
AMEN!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2016, 07:49 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged123 View Post
good looking trailer and camp site all you need to make it perfect is a set of old coots brackets and Turbs poles for your awning and you would truly be styling. lol
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #130
Prime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
good looking trailer and camp site all you need to make it perfect is a set of old coots brackets and Turbs poles for your awning and you would truly be styling. lol
I donít think I couldíve picked a more unleveled campsite if I tried. I had my leveling blocks stacked 4 high under each tire and the trailer tongue almost touching the ground.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping