Old 06-20-2016, 01:31 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthoms View Post
This weekend my new neighbour was letting his wife back into the site with their TT, told me she needs the "practice"...ok sure whatever. So after she almost hit my truck twice, I came over and said, "I can move my truck". He said..."no I'm watching it don't worry". This whole fiasco went on for about an hour! Why can't people accept any sort of help? Geez. When they started to level my wife said this will probably take another hour, let's go to the beach, she couldn't take it anymore..lol
I was working up north and trying to back my sunset trail into my spot at a trailer park. Trucks parked in the street on both sides. I had to visit 3 trailers and ask them to move their trucks.
The one next door, the gal said "He's not here and I don't know if I have the keys". Irritated as all get out because he was practically parked in front of my driveway I said "Well watch if you don't mind, maybe I won't hit it". She ran back inside.

Next thing I know a guy comes running out of that same trailer, moves his truck and the utility trailer hooked to it, and helps guide me in.

KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #152

Scotty must have beamed him back down for the moment! Geez, really nice of him!

D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:27 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
Oh! Oh! Pick ME, pick ME! I know! PRIDE! I was right, wasn't I?
We all like to think (read: desperately believe) that we know what we are doing. And something else I have run across is how do you know the person volunteering to help you is actually any better at this than you. NOT talking about you kthoms, but in general, how do you know what ability this friendly strange has? I had a guy several years ago ask if he could help me back in my parents TT at a site; his was about 1/2 the way into a ditch on his site, not level, and looked like...okay, less than well-maintained. I passed on the offer also, but told him thank you I needed to learn for myself. I have been pulling trailers, large and small since I was 15, so I am okay at it most of the time! Still, we do continue to ask; that is what RV'ers do.
I hear ya, but I was only letting them know that I could move my truck as it was OBVIOUSLY making it worse for them, it really was a tight fit...but oh no, let's make it more difficult for some reason. I probably wouldn't have told this story but it literally took them over an hour to park it..guess they didn't need a beer quite like I do when I set up
Old 06-20-2016, 04:17 PM   #154

2 things that caught my attention on my first vacation of summer last week:

Marshall Pass: We were headed up a nice trail on our Polaris ACEs's and encountered riders of 4 ATVs on side of road taking a break. There were 4 adults and 3 children under age 10 with the group. All adult riders were drinking beer. No helmets for adults of children were immediately visible. We picked up the empty beer cans on our way back.

Kebler Pass: I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm an avid snowmobiler after riding thru Kebler Pass last week. There were over a dozen abandoned sleds littering the area making the place look like a mountain junkyard. Very unsightly and unacceptable.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
2 things that caught my attention on my first vacation of summer last week:

Marshall Pass: We were headed up a nice trail on our Polaris ACEs's and encountered riders of 4 ATVs on side of road taking a break. There were 4 adults and 3 children under age 10 with the group. All adult riders were drinking beer. No helmets for adults of children were immediately visible. We picked up the empty beer cans on our way back.

Kebler Pass: I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm an avid snowmobiler after riding thru Kebler Pass last week. There were over a dozen abandoned sleds littering the area making the place look like a mountain junkyard. Very unsightly and unacceptable.
Very sad state of responsibility in today's world. Don't get me started about adults actually picking up after themselves.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
Very sad state of responsibility in today's world. Don't get me started about adults actually picking up after themselves.
Not to mention drinking and driving and endangering innocent kids. That is the dumbest thing described on this thread.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:32 PM   #157

Amen

Tags
camping