Old 06-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #41

Worst hose useage was out west next to a RV rental. They put the dirty sewer hose on the picnic table and rinsed it. Bad stuff all over the table. Horrified to say the least.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:58 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celkalee View Post
Having a little sign made saying "You can't fix stupid!"
I SAY LIVE...AND LET LIVE!!

STAY IN YOUR LIL CAMPSITE LOL

Old 06-07-2016, 05:18 PM   #43
Prime Member

I rented an RV once and looking back, it's quite astonishing how little they teach you. All they did was give me a water hose, sewer hose, electrical cord and show me where to connect them. That's it. Absolutely no instruction of any kind on anything. Looking back, I can only imagine the laughs I gave our neighbors at the campsite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #44

I think it depends on what Generation you are talking about. I always appreciate help but then I am 75. You always learn something all the time.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:26 PM   #45
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I rented an RV once and looking back, it's quite astonishing how little they teach you. All they did was give me a water hose, sewer hose, electrical cord and show me where to connect them. That's it. Absolutely no instruction of any kind on anything. Looking back, I can only imagine the laughs I gave our neighbors at the campsite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Imagine away.. If it was like any other rental RV folks.. We laughed the nights away..

But as dumb as some of this seems to be... I remember my first trip and how "green" I was.. 15 years later (or so) I can (AS MANY OF US CAN AS WELL) look back and laugh!

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #46

The truly horrifying thing is the knowledge that every future renter of that camper will be drinking from a poisoned well. They can become seriously, if not terminally, ill without knowing why.
But, on the plus side, at least the sewer hose will be nice and clean.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #47

X 10!
Old 06-07-2016, 06:11 PM   #48

Being a first time camper ( senior citizen ) I left the dealer after the PDI, with too much info. I purchased the Windjammer in Dec. I had a few months and a lot of posts here before the first trip. Every question was answered in easy to understand terms. First trip went great, good towing, set up and break down, probably a little slow but went fine. I will take and help while backing in a tight spot, but I feel confident I can put it where it needs to be. I just take my time. I have found in my limited experience the posters have been awesome on this site. I even have new campers asking me questions occasionally. Watching campers can be a hoot, kinda like watching a boat owners first voyage at the boat ramp. I have been lucky usually I have found helpful people while camping. But I have seen some sites.
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:39 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41ford View Post
Wonder if his water in to the trailer has any aftertaste or taste like it has a little wang to it?

I always sanitize the hose bib before connecting and I use separate hoses for water to the trailer and cleaning the sewer hose. I never put my hose inside of the sewer hose. Geeze!

I never like help backing in, I can do just fine without them. There is no fewer than 3 speaking to me at once, none that I can see in my mirrors or anywhere, but I can hear them.
When we get to the campground, I pull up ready to back in. My wife knows then that it's time to take the dog for a walk. Just works a LOT better that way.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:49 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman View Post
Had I not watched this with my own eyes I would no have believed it.

Camping last Friday and a rental RV pulls in across the way from us with two couples in it. After watching them try to back in for a few minutes Myself and another camper offered to help. We were told to mind out own business....okay sorry for intruding have a nice day, stop over for a beer later if you like, just trying to be friendly.

So back at my site, guy next to me and I grab a cold one and sit back to watch the show.

Finally get it backed in after 20 minutes. One gentlemen puts on gloves and proceeded to hook up to the sewer. Not sure what the issue is but he hooks up the freshwater hose and proceeds to wash out the sewer hose by placing the freshwater hose 2-3 feet inside and shakes and swirls it around. Gotta make sure those sewer hoses are clean. He then shoves the hose up the sewer connection on the rig a foot or two with the valve open to clear that out. Water flowing all over the ground.

I think we all know what's coming next......

wait for it.............

He hooks the same freshwater hose right up to the RV city water input. Takes off his gloves and with the job well done, heads inside. I'm sur for a nice clean glass of water.....

And people wonder why I only drink beer when camping
Watching people try to back into camp site IS entertaining. But the most entertaining thing I watch (and yes, I DO this occasionally) is to take a lawn chair to one of the local hill when it has snowed and watch people try to get up it.

Tags
camping