Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2016, 08:49 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat958 View Post
last week I saw a camper trying to back his tv and camper around a tight corner with his weight dist bars still on. I was on phone -it was 9pm making a terrible sound of course so I ended my call which I couldnt hear anyways and went over and suggested he take his bars off. I told him I used to pull in to cg take off bars while dw went to the office.I showed him how to take bars easily. he thanked me and brought me a beer the next afternoon.
I Love My Ear Buds!
I Just Nod & Wave!
Rhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:52 PM   #62

I would have offered you a case of beer to back it in lol
cowboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:57 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy72 View Post
Jusssssst Smile An Wave!

Sorry I cant hear ya?
Old 06-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #64

I accidentally hooked up the fresh water hose to the black water rinse-out.

Moments later I heard squealing from the trailer. The water built up pressure in the tank and when my wife flushed, brown stuff exploded all over her and the bathroom ceiling, walls, and floor.

That little sticker that says "open the valve while flushing" is for real !
Old 06-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy72 View Post
Ya but prob cheap beer... lol
Old 06-07-2016, 09:42 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
I accidentally hooked up the fresh water hose to the black water rinse-out.

Moments later I heard squealing from the trailer. The water built up pressure in the tank and when my wife flushed, brown stuff exploded all over her and the bathroom ceiling, walls, and floor.

That little sticker that says "open the valve while flushing" is for real !
This isn't the first time I've heard this, but I don't understand how that can happen, since the black tank is vented directly to the roof. There should be no way for pressure to build. You should be able to keep filling the tank until it comes out the roof vent. The only thing I can think of is that your vent is obstructed in some way.
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker UMS 21K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:53 PM   #67

I always offer and only once was I told no thanks, and that show I could not bear to watch. When I help ppl new or not to camping they ask what can they do for me I say to pay it forward and help someone else when they need it. Camping is way different then years I spent boating, much more enjoyable.

2016 F350 CREW 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 06-07-2016, 10:07 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I always offer and only once was I told no thanks, and that show I could not bear to watch. When I help ppl new or not to camping they ask what can they do for me I say to pay it forward and help someone else when they need it. Camping is way different then years I spent boating, much more enjoyable.

likewise here, I always offer to help especially if they are elderly. I was raised to help if at all possible but with that said some of them are really hard headed and stubborn and some just mean. Most campers in our area are the nicest folks you will ever meet. I can say I have only had one cooler of wine coolers stolen from an Auburn ballgame we were tailgating (not really camping just having a good time) But there are always exceptions
scott_silverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:08 PM   #69

Hmm

The older you get, the less you know!
Dave, 1983A.D..
(Think about it!)

Nights camped in 2016:03😄
D-maxx dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #70

We were camping a while back and there was a young couple with a brand new truck and trailer. They decided to raise the hitch ball and were tightening it with channel locks. I walked over and told them I have some breaker bars and sockets if he would like to borrow them. He said he was good. Glad they left that day and we were still camping. Sometimes testosterone gets in the way of rational decisions. Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 06-07-2016, 10:40 PM   #71

Remember: bleach solution has to be made new every day. I googled it, and read that it breaks down into salt water after 24 hours, thereby losing its germicidal properties. I make a new solution before leaving one campsite to use when arriving at the next. That way I don't have to touch the spigot at the new site before giving it a good spray.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2016, 11:15 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspot01 View Post
Remember: bleach solution has to be made new every day. I googled it, and read that it breaks down into salt water after 24 hours, thereby losing its germicidal properties. I make a new solution before leaving one campsite to use when arriving at the next. That way I don't have to touch the spigot at the new site before giving it a good spray.
Exposure to UV light does this to bleach. Keep it in a container out of sunlight and it will last a long time. If it broke down that fast, It'd be impossible to buy pre packaged bleach or cleaning supplies at the store.

2014 Wildcat 312BHX
2015 RAM 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Keisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #73

This is why I always try to get the spot at the lake next to the boat launch ramp. The entertainment is worth far more then the cost of the spot
meopm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:28 AM   #74
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat958 View Post
last week I saw a camper trying to back his tv and camper around a tight corner with his weight dist bars still on. I was on phone -it was 9pm making a terrible sound of course so I ended my call which I couldnt hear anyways and went over and suggested he take his bars off. I told him I used to pull in to cg take off bars while dw went to the office.I showed him how to take bars easily. he thanked me and brought me a beer the next afternoon.

Are you perhaps referring to sway bars? In order for me to remove my WDH bars, I have to lower the tongue jack and actually lift the rear end of my truck to remove some of the tension on the chains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:32 AM   #75
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspot01 View Post

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I just use lysol.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:42 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Are you perhaps referring to sway bars? In order for me to remove my WDH bars, I have to lower the tongue jack and actually lift the rear end of my truck to remove some of the tension on the chains.

I was annoyed at someone once with my old trailer and forgot to take the tension off the bars before popping them off, made that mistake once and never again whew had to change my shorts after that mistake.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:49 AM   #77

Some of y'all sound like city boys! Touching some stuff ain't gonna kill ya. Go wash yer hands for gosh sakes. I'd hate to see some of you guys try and skin a deer or something. You get all kinds of stuff on ya!

As for helping, why on Earth would anyone resist an offer to help? Y'all can come help me anytime. Suggest away, I need it! Come on over. Sit and watch me, help me some, or do it for me. Whatever. I can't imagine turning anyone down. I figure 99.9999994038938% of Earth is more experienced than I am! Geez.

By the end of the month, I imagine I will have some kind of record for "viral" funny youtube videos after four stops with this new camper..........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:50 AM   #78
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlatter View Post
This isn't the first time I've heard this, but I don't understand how that can happen, since the black tank is vented directly to the roof. There should be no way for pressure to build. You should be able to keep filling the tank until it comes out the roof vent. The only thing I can think of is that your vent is obstructed in some way.
The toilet is lower than the roof vent and therefore will be the first to overflow if the flapper valve in the stool is opened.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:37 AM   #79

I don't mind receiving help or helpful suggestions [get them from the DW all the time]. But some people need to keep their help for their own needs.

A few years ago, while backing into a tree lined site, a guy popped out of no where and tried to take over the DW's job of getting me backed in. Anyway, this guy started to give incorrect hand motions & wrong wheel turn motions. After a few minutes, the DW politely asked the guy to step aside, as she can handle it from there.

The guy left and returned to his "RENTED MOTORHOME". The next day, when he pulled out, he did everything wrong to include "forgetting to disconnect" from the power pole [one less site available for a few days], and several small trees were clipped from the rear end's swing out [YES, damaged the coach!!]. And it's people like him that the sign was made - "I'M STUPID'

So, I don't offer help unless I'm asked or if I see an immediate danger!
Larry [US Army-Ret/Department of the Army Civilian-Ret/DAV];with Diane [Teacher-Ret]; 'Litabit' & 'QTπ' [Westies]; 2016 Berkshire XL 40RB/380 Turbo Diesel - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Life is GOOD Little Rock, Arkansas
zeelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #80

A most appreciated approach both given and received..."Let me know if you need any help"...
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping