Old 09-27-2016, 02:02 PM   #11

We too use a macerator and a 3/4" hose to our aerobic septic and have for about 3 years.

We park our trailer next to our shop in the back yard and have the 50A plug wired there and use the trailer as a guest house when we are not traveling. Has come in handy several times.

https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-18555-...ojet+macerator

DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:17 PM   #12

home i'm selling had a 40x60 pole barn with it's own elec/water & septic. I just tapped into that and it's worked GREAT (even for up to 3 trailers! ).. I DID have a local company (who'd installed it) come and check things first as there wasn't an original permit pulled for that septic system (as was the case for several other IMPROVEMENTS done by the previous owner! NO problems and i grew accustom to having it around. Sure made winterizing & tank cleaning easier as well as the aforementioned 'let's just dump when we get home' trips!
On the other side of the coin, i've been looking in a different area for a home. some that just went from septic to municipal sewer.. and they've SEALED the old septics off. They hit for a 'tap fee' on them i discovered when i asked about the outbuilding with a 1/2 bath in it. I figured i could tap in there. and learned NO way!!! It's in an area that has a large number of lakes.. AND significant agricultural around. Moral of the story being it might pay to check with your local health/building departments and see what the OFFICIAL route to be to do it. At least then you'll know what fines you may get hit with in the future, IF ANY!
I miss mine!

woody9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #13
Site Team

x2 on checking into local codes. My city is super picky & have many restrictions.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:44 PM   #14

All the above suggestions are valid and require their due consideration but, seem to be quite costly and time consuming.

In my book, this is a much more viable solution!

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #15

That is funny...

On the more useful side, because we boondock all the time (and my wife won't poo in the woods (I do, no issue with me), I have a toilet and shower in the SSi1500 and it needs emptied when we get home and while I have s septic tank, it's not located where the camnper sits so I built one in a very convenient location (next to where the camper sits).

Of course I own a backhoe so digging isn't an issue but you can contract the hole out pretty cheap. I took 3 plastic 55 gallon drums and plumbed them all together near the top with 4" pvc pipe. The final outlet near the top again is 4" flexible perforated black pipe splitting into 3 legs 30 feet long each bedded in gravel and covered with soil, about 6" deep. The inlet is 6" PVC through the top of the first drum with a screw on PVC cap.

I've been using it for 10 years now. The only discernable side effect is the grass grows well and I have a maple tree nearby that grows a couple feet every year...

I add Rid-ex ocassionally, thats it. No shitte...
Old 09-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #16

When we redid out RV Pad next to the house we installed a 50 amp power post and a standard sewer dump that taps into our home septic line. We have running water and it allows us to use the 5ver as a guest house for the occasional out of town visitor.

We live in the unincorporated County and any contribution to the septic is just part of our regular monthly bill. As you can imagine the convenience of an at home dump site is great.

Tom Stillman
Vancouver, WA
2012 Forest River Wildcat Sterling Edition
2010 Ford F350 Super cab (With all the junk taken off) With H&S tuner and set of bags on the back.
tstillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:42 PM   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
I had my son-in-law dig a hole that was 6" deeper and wider all around and dropped a 55-gallon drum down on top of 6" of gravel, then lined the outside edge of the barrel with 6" of gravel. I was told to do this to keep the dirt from entering the many drainage holes that are poked in it. Within an hour of dumping an almost full black water tank in it [about 40 gallons], it has drained almost all of it out. I put yeast in it each dump, but it doesn't get a chance to do anything.
I told the neighbor it was a grease trap. No more questions. They can't see when I hook up as the TT is between us.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:48 PM   #18

No stinking macerator for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
I had my son-in-law dig a hole that was 6" deeper and wider all around and dropped a 55-gallon drum down on top of 6" of gravel, then lined the outside edge of the barrel with 6" of gravel. I was told to do this to keep the dirt from entering the many drainage holes that are poked in it. Within an hour of dumping an almost full black water tank in it [about 40 gallons], it has drained almost all of it out. I put yeast in it each dump, but it doesn't get a chance to do anything.
I told the neighbor it was a grease trap. No more questions. They can't see when I hook up as the TT is between us.
Problem is, that metal drum will eventually rust. A poly drum will never rust out.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:57 PM   #19

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Problem is, that metal drum will eventually rust. A poly drum will never rust out.
I'm 70 years old. It better hurry!
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:05 PM   #20

If you can get a 4" line from the existing tank or the line frome your house to the tank while maintaining proper fall ,to the spot on your property where you want the dump station,go for it.But you probably cant.I have three tank/fields for my house and shop, couldnt make any of them work to my satisfaction,so I put in a dedicated tank/field just for the dump station.Best thing I ever did.If you live within a town or city I doubt they will let you do any of the above.I have a small ranch with livestock,am zoned ag,and have a back hoe and dump truck, so I pretty much do whatever I want. Your results or situation may be different.