Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2016, 01:42 PM   #41
Insert witty title here

I’m actually considering getting a couple more lengths of sewer hose, connecting them up and dumping straight into the opened lid of my septic tank.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:38 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
The FloJet macerator will pump at least 125 feet.

Mine uses 3/4 inch hose and is 125 feet in length to the septic tanks. It's even a slight uphill incline and works fine.

Woah!!!! Good thing you have a pump cause we all know "it" don't flow uphill!!

Been to a few CG's where they placed their dump inlet in an area where they expect you to figure out how make it flow uphill!!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:03 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Woah!!!! Good thing you have a pump cause we all know "it" don't flow uphill!!

Been to a few CG's where they placed their dump inlet in an area where they expect you to figure out how make it flow uphill!!
we've been to a cg where every site sewer connection was sticking up 7"-9" out of the ground, we use the Sewer Solution and didn't have a problem, ..... but for all the other campers, if they didn't have one of those hose support racks that stretches out and tappers down, then they all had a very long P trap laying on the ground from their trailer to the raised up sewer connection,....

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:06 PM   #44

It will flow uphill until the level in the tank equalizes with the gradient and then no-mo-flow. That is when you disconnect and everything in the hose comes out.... How exciting....
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
we've been to a cg where every site sewer connection was sticking up 7"-9" out of the ground, we use the Sewer Solution and didn't have a problem, ..... but for all the other campers, if they didn't have one of those hose support racks that stretches out and tappers down, then they all had a very long P trap laying on the ground from their trailer to the raised up sewer connection,....

Seen that too! I'm talkin about CG's who have their inlets on higher ground than the "site pad" & even though I have the accordian & gutter style supports, my outlet is still LOWER than their inlet hence......."it" has to flow uphill!
Then, when it's time to disconnect, it's a whole bunch of extra effort to get the hose drained without making "a mess".
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:41 PM   #46

Smile Thanks to all who replied!

The people on this forum are sooo much better than people on Facebook (in general) - when I want to go online and be ignored I log into Facebook. I really didn't expect so many replies to this thread (honestly I was hoping that I get even just one, lol).
Thanks to all for the great replies!
deattoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #47

Well found a downfall to using the clean out of the house to empty your tanks with. While doing just that today my 90 degree elbow blew off the end and down the shoot it went. So I guess now i get to go rent a snake and clean out my main line to the house to make sure it has been flushed on down the line and will not cause me back up problems later on. Note to self. Do not use a 2 or 3 inch part to attatch to a 5 or 6 inch sewer line.
frfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:51 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by frfv View Post
Do not use a 2 or 3 inch part to attatch to a 5 or 6 inch sewer line.
X2

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #49

Quote:
I’m actually considering getting a couple more lengths of sewer hose, connecting them up and dumping straight into the opened lid of my septic tank.
Not a problem. Good time to look down in there and inspect. Mine develops a thin crust on top so not a lot to see.

Dump the black first, when the black is empty, "walk the hose" to drain its contents into the septic tank.

(Lift the hose up off the ground an few inches starting at the MH, and walk toward the septic tank. This drains the hose.)

Then dump the gray the same way.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:42 PM   #50

My barn where I park my trailer is about 100' from my septic. Because they are both at the same elevation, I installed a lift station at the barn to pump to the septic. It's basically a macerator on steroids. Home Depot has them for under $400 including the basin, but I got mine "used" for nothing.

It will pump uphill about 25' in elevation and handle anything you can put into it.
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #51

Anyone have experiences hooking a dump station up to city sewer?
random_james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #52

Anything is possible with a cleanout Tee.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #53

"random james" Before you connect to a municipal sewer system be sure to check the local codes on this. I used to work in waste treatment and some municipalities will not allow this. I am on a septic system and I did what others have posted, I tapped into the line between the house and septic tank with a fitting for a garden hose. When I return from a trip I park in the drive way just before going into the back yard. I use the Flo-Jet macerator pump to pump the stuff about sixty feet to the sewer tap and I usually wash both tanks out 2-3 times to assure that they are clean.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_james View Post
I was wondering the same thing! I have a clean out on the correct side (black water side) of my driveway......worried about spillage!
CuzEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzEd View Post
I was wondering the same thing! I have a clean out on the correct side (black water side) of my driveway......worried about spillage!
Most clean outs have a threaded plug. When removed you can screw your RV fitting right into it just like in RV parks. If you don't have a threaded fitting use a 'donut' gasket and a rock. We have always used our sewer clean outs to dump/clean out tanks.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzEd View Post
When we bought our house we didn't have any access points/clean out points to the city sewer between the house and the street. Then about 5 years later I came home one day and there was a green lid in my lawn right next the sidewalk. Upon closer inspection it was labeled sewer. A few years later we bought our trailer and we've been dumping and flushing our black and gray tanks after each trip without issue.
notTobyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:47 PM   #57

In reading the remarks about installing a dump station at home, no one made mention of doing it to a direct line to the sewer connection going directly to the sewer main in the street. Has anyone done that?

Saul Z
saulzw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulzw View Post
In reading the remarks about installing a dump station at home, no one made mention of doing it to a direct line to the sewer connection going directly to the sewer main in the street. Has anyone done that?

Saul Z
That's exactly what we did. Although, we didn't install it we just used the one the city put in. It just happened to be in a perfect location as we pull up to our house.
notTobyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #59
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcouch33 View Post
Find a large plastic garbage can. If you can find one like the commercial trash collectors provide, even better. Or get a big one from Home Depot. Cut off lid, cut hole in the bottom ( now the top)for pvc sewer connection. Drill 6 or so 2" holes around perimeter 1/3 from the bottom of trash can(now the top). Dig hole big enough to allow placement of gravel all the way around trash can. I used at least 10 bags. Now when you dump, the solids will breakdown in soil and any extra liquid will flow out holes into gravel. I just made this up but it has worked for 4 years and is very convenient.

I highly doubt that my local officials would look too kindly on this idea.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:04 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_james View Post

Mine is connected to city . Called a plumber and he knew exactly what I wanted. He did put in a p-trap so I do not know if that was by code and tapped into my house connection with a lateral connection. Mine is a 3" with a screw in cap, flush with the ground. I keep a paver stone over it so I do not hit it with lawnmower. I screw in my hose connector and connect my sewer hose just like the campground, except mine smells better with the p-trap. When done, simple screw the plug in and cover with paver.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Dorothy, Miss Bella and I. Sometimes daughter and grands, loving life.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote