Old 09-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #31
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip
Problem is, that metal drum will eventually rust. A poly drum will never rust out.

Originally Posted by Blackhat6mike View Post
I'm 70 years old. It better hurry!
I love that, .... I tell friends and family, "there aren't many benefits to getting old, but the "senior discount" at the buffet is certainly a good one",...... now you've given me another good one to use,...... "one benefit of getting old is, if any of our stuff gets rusty, we don't have to worry about it",.....

2015 Micro Lite 25KS
2015 F150 CrewCab
days camped: (2014....207) (2015....140) (2016....37, so far)
fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #32
Newly Retired
No problem

To me the biggest concern of dumping into your septic tank would be keeping the weight of your RV, off your drain field lines and tank.
I have installed hundreds of septic systems and I don't believe that dumping a little extra from a camper now and then is a problem whatsoever. Your septic tank takes solids from the house so it will handle solids from your RV without a macerator pump.
it's just a matter of simple plumbing in the inlet side of the tank.
I would go easy on the chemical additives however.
Good luck

Steveboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #33
I got a dump. Called a plumber to get an estimate. He quoted $200.00 on the spot. I told him to get his shovel. Tapped into city sewer, done by night fall. Got a trap and everything. That was 8 years ago. One of my best mods that I paid for.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Dorothy, Miss Bella and I. Sometimes daughter and grands, loving life.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:05 PM   #34
Back Yard Dump

Don't worry about dumping into your Septic system. I have done this for years with no problem. What you dump into the septic system, even is you fill and dump several times to make sure the tank is clean is less water than a family of 4 use in a day.

If you put a T into the city sewer, same thing. That is what you pay the water fee for.
Reb Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:24 PM   #35
Mine was originally to my septic system. When the local municipality transferred us over to sewer they connected it up to the sewer for us! They also collapsed our septic tank.
2007 Rockwood UltraLite 2603
2006 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Super Duty 6.0 diesel 4X4
dea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:28 AM   #36
Take a dump.... Yes, its OK..

I have a specially installed "clean out port" on my septic tank. This keeps the local health department off my back by calling it a "Clean Out Port" :-)

Its so the local septic tank company can pump out the tank, which if designed and maintained properly should never be required.

I drop the hose into the clean out port, which just happens to be beside the RVs parking spot, open the valve, and let it go, just like I would at any dump station.

I have an older septic tank, 750 gallons. dumping 30-60 gallons from the RV is nothing. The only thing I would caution is the use of any chemicals in your RV. If you want to use anything, use Rid-X. Its good for the septic system
2001 Coachmen Mirada (Ford F53 6.8L V10) - Toad 2001 Civic
It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:44 AM   #37
I don't worry about what I put in my septic tank, I don't worry about the chemicals I dump in the tank. I see Rid-X commercials on TV all the time about putting Rid-X in your septic tank and then I thought about all the bleach DW uses when she is washing clothes. All that bleach will surely kill any live organisms that Rid-X has plus I have city water. I think the Rid-X is a waste of money. The best thing you can do for your septic tank is pump it out every two years and don't drive over your drain field. I have no trees on my drain field, well I do have a lot of banana plants on the drain field but they have hardly no roots at all and they stay pretty green in the summer

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:49 AM   #38
Actually the best thing for a septic tank is single ply TP and no kitchen grease...

While Rid-ex works, Fresh road kill works better. Have a flattened squirrel out front? Open the cover and drop it in. The same bacteria that decomposes the squirrel decomposes your turds........
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #39
We had doghouses put on our septic system and the driveway extended. Connect sewer hose to RV and to septic. Been doing this for 10 years with no problems. We have our septic system emptied every 4 years.
Marcel & Jenne
Kemptville, ON
2014 Rockwood 8282WS
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #40
I forgot to mention...

The FloJet macerator will pump at least 125 feet.

Mine uses 3/4 inch hose and is 125 feet in length to the septic tanks. It's even a slight uphill incline and works fine.

Ken & Laurie
2015 Berkshire 400QL
2016 Chevy Colorado
Northern Ohio
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote