Old 10-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #51

Anyone have experiences hooking a dump station up to city sewer?

Old 10-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #52

Anything is possible with a cleanout Tee.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #53

"random james" Before you connect to a municipal sewer system be sure to check the local codes on this. I used to work in waste treatment and some municipalities will not allow this. I am on a septic system and I did what others have posted, I tapped into the line between the house and septic tank with a fitting for a garden hose. When I return from a trip I park in the drive way just before going into the back yard. I use the Flo-Jet macerator pump to pump the stuff about sixty feet to the sewer tap and I usually wash both tanks out 2-3 times to assure that they are clean.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_james View Post
I was wondering the same thing! I have a clean out on the correct side (black water side) of my driveway......worried about spillage!
Old 10-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzEd View Post
I was wondering the same thing! I have a clean out on the correct side (black water side) of my driveway......worried about spillage!
Most clean outs have a threaded plug. When removed you can screw your RV fitting right into it just like in RV parks. If you don't have a threaded fitting use a 'donut' gasket and a rock. We have always used our sewer clean outs to dump/clean out tanks.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuzEd View Post
When we bought our house we didn't have any access points/clean out points to the city sewer between the house and the street. Then about 5 years later I came home one day and there was a green lid in my lawn right next the sidewalk. Upon closer inspection it was labeled sewer. A few years later we bought our trailer and we've been dumping and flushing our black and gray tanks after each trip without issue.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:47 PM   #57

In reading the remarks about installing a dump station at home, no one made mention of doing it to a direct line to the sewer connection going directly to the sewer main in the street. Has anyone done that?

Saul Z
Old 10-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulzw View Post
In reading the remarks about installing a dump station at home, no one made mention of doing it to a direct line to the sewer connection going directly to the sewer main in the street. Has anyone done that?

Saul Z
That's exactly what we did. Although, we didn't install it we just used the one the city put in. It just happened to be in a perfect location as we pull up to our house.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcouch33 View Post
Find a large plastic garbage can. If you can find one like the commercial trash collectors provide, even better. Or get a big one from Home Depot. Cut off lid, cut hole in the bottom ( now the top)for pvc sewer connection. Drill 6 or so 2" holes around perimeter 1/3 from the bottom of trash can(now the top). Dig hole big enough to allow placement of gravel all the way around trash can. I used at least 10 bags. Now when you dump, the solids will breakdown in soil and any extra liquid will flow out holes into gravel. I just made this up but it has worked for 4 years and is very convenient.

I highly doubt that my local officials would look too kindly on this idea.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 02:04 PM   #60
3071DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_james View Post

Mine is connected to city . Called a plumber and he knew exactly what I wanted. He did put in a p-trap so I do not know if that was by code and tapped into my house connection with a lateral connection. Mine is a 3" with a screw in cap, flush with the ground. I keep a paver stone over it so I do not hit it with lawnmower. I screw in my hose connector and connect my sewer hose just like the campground, except mine smells better with the p-trap. When done, simple screw the plug in and cover with paver.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Dorothy, Miss Bella and I. Sometimes daughter and grands, loving life.