Old 05-09-2016, 03:54 PM   #51
Originally Posted by laurajean View Post
Never gave it a thought, but since we never go #2 in the camper and request guests to go #2 in the state camp grounds,the hoses are relatively clean and odor free. I would have to decline to allow the borrow based on relatively clean hoses and I would like to keep them that way.
I guess that's my next question- this is very common among RVers as far as I can see. If you're willing to pee in it, why not poop in it?

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:08 PM   #52
Yeah, I don't get all the sqeamishness about using the toilet for whatever. That's like me asking my guests in my house to please not use it for #2 because I have to clean the bowl.

2016 Roo 21SS
2005 Ford Excursion-Sherman
Mods so far:
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:26 PM   #53
Originally Posted by indybp57 View Post
I would say no, but might rethink it if lacking a hose the guy just lets loose all over the pavement. I've seen people lay the end of the slinky next to the hole and let er rip. Next time I might say yes.

I had a guy do that at the county campground in Aransas Pass, TX!! IB McGee Park. I about puked!! Thank God I was done and pulling away. I almost said something, but couldn't breathe, let alone speak.
Matt Smith
2016 Coachmen Prism 2150LE
Johnston, Iowa
capav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #54
I havent read the last 5 pages so maybe someone else came up with this.I would tell them"I guess you could,but you have to know I have hep "c" My MIL did that*25 yrs ago on a rafting trip when someone wanted to borrow her drinking cup but she said she had syphiliss (sp?)
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:55 PM   #55
Cyber Phrenologist
On the other hand I remember going on our third trip out, sitting in line for the dump station. The idiot in front of me lines up his dump valve more or less even with the hole and then... pulls his valve and dumps a week worth of "stuff" all over the dump station.

My son and I dive back into the truck and put the A/C on recirculate (It's a humid August morning in Georgia)

The aforementioned idiot then tries to clean it all up with a short piece of garden hose the state has left at the dump station. And he does all this wearing sandals and no gloves.

Admin at, part of the Social Knowledge network.
"RVing and Amateur Radio served up on the same plate"
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #56
Flybob, were you in the service? When we flew on C-130 Hercules, Cargo Aircraft, that was the rule, First one that uses the Honey bucket was the one that had to empty! Even when we camp with friends and all leave together, everyone uses their own hose.
USAF Ret. ______________________________________
2015 2500 Silverado Crew Cab Duramax 4X4
2012 HD Street Glide
2008 Honda FSC600 Silver wing
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:54 PM   #57
Dump station etiquette

[QUOTE=ependydad;1189863]I literally would have never considered this possible scenario. (And, this next part sounds snarky sarcastic- but it's a genuine inquiry.) Did you spend time thinking it up? Or is it the first thing that came to

Well, not the first thing but close. I am a piping and equipment designer in a papermill and as I design or do mill inspections I am looking for things that could get people hurt.
I am always asking 'What is the worst that could happen?' I try to see the worst and correct that condition. My DW thinks it is a curse. So, at the dump station ' what is the worst that could happen?'

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #58
I would loan my sewer equipment, they really should have their own.

I guess if someone ever asks, I will ask if their system is ASME, ASTM, or Metric.
41ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:22 AM   #59
Site Team
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I guess that's my next question- this is very common among RVers as far as I can see. If you're willing to pee in it, why not poop in it?
There is typically no e coli in pee but we have pretty decent bathrooms where we camp so why not?? Pee has much less odor and it runs right out with no chunks AND since we're old house-boaters from way back- we also use a waste basket for the TP. Thus no TP stuck to tank walls or inside dump hose. And there is no argument about what brand of TP to use.
Purely personal choice. One day we'll be at a CG with "ugh" toilets and we'll use our own. Just haven't been there yet...

Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote