Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
East Coast Storm

Batten down the hatches east coasters. We have a big one coming from tomorrow afternoon into the weekend. Post warnings from your areas as they are issued.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:39 AM   #2
Ya know, if I would be retired, The General and I would be in FL right about now and I wouldn't care about the 6" of white stuff we're supposed to get!!! Anyone want to try out my new snow shovel??? Really- it's brand NEW!!!

MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member
I really thought that since I have the snow-thrower gassed up and ready in the shed next to the driveway that the storm would just stay to the east. Looks like Mother Nature is on to me.
Anyone traveling be safe and smart. Don't take the unnecessary chance.
I plan on finishing our family room Christmas tree and moving snow this weekend. We have plenty of milk, bread and TP so we're ready.Thankfully our daughter is already home from college for the holidays.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
Were stocked up and ready for it. I did sell my snow blower some years ago since we haven't had much snow for a long time. Oh well, That 2500HD parked in the garage from our 5th wheel days will pack it down. Still gotta go afer my son-in-law at National today. Should be home before it starts. Have a great Hollidays.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Kim, the radar is showing that Lynchburg is already on the leading edge of the storm. No sign yet of anything in Greene County......about 4 counties NNW of you. As reported by the missus working in Charlottesville, , no snow there yet, either. But it sure do look like it.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
Chap, as of 2:50pm nothing was falling yet, but the radar shows it here. Probably not hitting the ground yet. It sure feels like it could start at any moment.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
It's started, and every flake that has fallen has stuck. Here is the forecast accumulations for my area:

Old 12-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #8
Not long ago channel 11 here in Maryland, Northern Carroll County showed snow fall from 24"-36". It looks like I well be able to try out the 4 wheel drive in my new truck.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #9
Dang!... I really want to get out of this heat and head up into that stuff. First year in about 5 that we don't get to head up there and look what we get to miss. The other year it got brutally cold, no real snow, but this would have been awesome!

Oh well, have to just go fishin...
2013 Georgetown 351
Much more significant other....
2 Kids and a dog that rules!
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
4-5" in Buckingham at 9:00p.m. already

Pinesman is offline   Reply With Quote