Old 06-12-2015, 01:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Dave View Post
Getting ready for our first outing in our new to us Sunseeker 3170ds for a 3 week trip and was considering which pots, pans, electric or otherwise that that experienced travelers have in their gear and how you use and store them for travel. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Don't know if my other quote took. Anything that you can use electric take it

Old 06-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #32

Slow cooker and induction burner.....I had bought an ice maker and returned it, to big and took up to much space.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #33

Electric skillet required, small 5 cup coffee drip machine, old percolator is also great for making and holding coffee hot, Electric griddle comes in as handy as a skillet, plastic silverware and paper plates-who wants to spend the camping trip washing too many dishes, these are just few quick thought items.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:10 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainperry View Post
Slow cooker and induction burner.....I had bought an ice maker and returned it, to big and took up to much space.
Hi Captain Perry, Which induction cooktop did you get? Are you pleased with it? Any regrets, tips? How many amps? I've looked at them online and in CW but just grew confused. Do you have 30 or 50 amp unit? Ours is 30 so I'm thinking I would have to plug into the pole with a ext cord.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:19 PM   #35

We camp in Texas mostly and so a powerful box-type fan is nice when you are sitting under your awning. We also carry a Kuerig, ice-maker and small fan for white noise.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #36

Best Toaster Oven - Panasonic NB-G100P

We have had ours for several years & use it all the time at home and then take it on the road. It's a Panasonic NB-G100P (available on Amazon).

It is great for toasting, reheating leftover pizza, it has a button for frozen waffles, and another one for reheating rolls (warms the inside before crisping up the tops). I have also used the temperature & time controls to bake a small batch of cookies (allows me to bake just a few a day) and cakes or corn muffins.

It uses double infared light.

I probably use ours at least 3-4 times per week, it has completely replaced the bread/bagel toaster.

NanaB
FR3 - 2014 DS
Old 06-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #37

Ohhhhhh....Tanddhall....best be careful stating you use plastic silverware and paper plates. I use paper & plastic as well but was attacked on a forum here for doing as such. I was accused of filling up the landfills "with such unnecessary rubbish". Even though i recycle when possible, i do make an attempt to use plates, bowls, etc. made from recycled materials. Just thought you might like to know what might be in your next response.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #38

Electric skillet and toaster are the two we use the most. No sense in using up your propane when you can use electric.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #39

I use a Breville Smart Oven Convection Toaster Oven. This appliance is great! I sometimes use it in place of our full sized oven. It can toast, roast, bake and can be used to make pizza. I will definitely use this when we finally buy our TT.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:04 PM   #40
geezer with gadgets

WOW!

Thanks so much to everyone who has responded to this thread with such great suggestions. We are still working on our shopping list! This is such a great community. We are so glad to have found this site.

Sent from my Atari 2600
2011 Sunseeker 3170ds "Ladybug"
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TOAD
Days camped 2015: 37; 2016: 66; 2017: 86
757Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric