Old 06-12-2015, 06:23 PM   #41

I'm a big fan of cooking outside. Don't like cleaning up the,mess..lol. I also have to have my coffee perked in a porcelain pot. So I use the NuWave induction cooktop outside. Coffee, bacon, eggs, pasta. Cook anything on it. Only thing is you have to use stainless steel pots.

Camping Days 2013 - 24
Camping Days 2014 - 21
Projected Camping Days 2015 - 30
Loneeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:44 PM   #42

We use a convection toaster oven with rotisserie, an induction plate, tassimo coffe maker, crock pot, barbecue. We are full timers & are in the States for 6 months & Canada for 6. These appliances cover all our needs. Do not use 5 th wheel oven or stove top unless we are over night dry camping but with the generator are still able to use are other appliances

Old 06-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #43

Love my towel warmer

I know, I know...this is a totally frivolous item, but I have one at home and I am spoiled rotten. Even when it's hot out and the camper is nice and chilly inside, I love my warm towels. yep....I'm letting my tiara sparkle here....

The Personal Towel Warmer - Hammacher Schlemmer

Oh...and on a chilly night, I put my pj's in it. ahhhhhhhhhh.....

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:12 PM   #44

I have the husband who allows basically nothing - "where do you think you are going to put that stuff"!! These are the things we use, cast iron skillet, coffee pot, toaster, waffle iron, electric fry pan (hardly ever use it), crock pot (hardly ever use that, either). But the number one thing that we love is our 10" dutch oven. When we're in the right campground, we love dutch oven breakfast, dutch oven dinners and cobbler in the dutch oven - we are both Boy Scouts, and that's how we learned to cook. Even though we have a fancy, wancy RV (glamping, we enjoy old fashioned dutch oven cooking.
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:14 PM   #45

I have the husband who allows basically nothing - "where do you think you are going to put that stuff"!! These are the things we use, cast iron skillet, coffee pot, toaster, waffle iron, electric fry pan (hardly ever use it), crock pot (hardly ever use that, either). But the number one thing that we love is our 10" dutch oven. When we're in the right campground, we love dutch oven breakfast, dutch oven dinners and cobbler in the dutch oven - we are both Boy Scouts, and that's how we learned to cook. Even though we have a fancy, wancy RV (glamping,) we enjoy old fashioned dutch oven cooking.
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #46

We just did our first outing in our new trailer and are trying to figure out what we can run on 30 amps and what we can not run. Found out that we could not have air conditioning and crock pot going at the same time. Also, can not have air conditioning and microwave running. Coffee maker, toaster, tv, lights, and ac worked fine together.
2015 Chevy Silverado

MichelleWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:32 PM   #47

We got our first TT last year and according to your recommendations, we've done pretty well. We have a few pots (skillet, 8qt dutch oven and smaller soup pot. We don't have an oven in the TT so a small toaster oven is a good substitution. Keurig single serve for hubby and an ice maker for me. I think I will also add a medium sized crockpot and elec. skillet so i can fry without setting off the smoke detectors and stink up the place. i love this forum and appreciate everyone's suggestions.

2014 Wildwood x-lite 185br
towed by 2013 Ram 1500
Old 06-12-2015, 10:40 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Dave View Post
Thanks! Yeah, I am concerned about power management. Figure we will learn as we go along. Have downloaded the amp usage spreadsheet posted by Turbs so we can judge.
Any questions just ask away! I also forgot Pie Irons!! For Campfire Sammys and desserts... yummy..Not electric but old fashioned fun.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:28 PM   #49

We have switched from gas to all electric. A microwave/convection oven and an induction cooking surface. It is stunning how much these save on propane as well as the excessive heat produced by gas surface burners and gas ovens. The only gas appliance is the water heater.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:30 AM   #50

Slow cooker for cooking dinner while you're out doing whatever.

Tags
electric