Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #1

Electric Stablizer Jacks

Went camping for the 2nd time in our new TT.

Power went out at the park for a couple of hours. Our new battery was dead. (previous TT had two new batteries and both failed to hold a charge) We keep our TT hooked up to 50 amp power so the battery stays charged.

Got home and leveled TT. Got two of three slide outs opened and the battery was dead.

Hooked up to 50 amp power and all worked well until I tried the stablizers Tried to put the stablizers down with no luck. I did hear one little click the first time. This was with BOTH front and rear. Tried again today, same thing.

Called dealer and they said it may be bad switches and to bring it in to be checked. Earliest date is in October. Called Liepert and they need more info such as voltage, etc. They are emailing me what to check and info to gather for them to help me.

Just went out and applied the battery disconnect while keeping the 50 amp power plugged in. Stablizers came down normal.

Strange a bad battery would cause this when the 50 amp is plugged up.

What gives?
Lacrosse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #2

Yes, the battery affects them. The stabilizers and slides run off the battery, not shore power. I'm not familiar with your model.l but also check the fuse as you may have a breaker and it may be resetting. That's what happened when we had a FR fifth wheel. Good luck.
lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:18 PM   #3
Site Team

What do you mean by 'applied the battery disconnect'? Did you turn it on to connect the battery to the system?

A bad battery would definitely cause the symptoms you describe. As Lakejumper said, the stabilizers are usually connected directly to the battery, and if the battery disconnect is open (off) the shore power won't power them. Once you closed (turned on) the disconnect, the converter starting charging the battery and therefore also powered the stabilizers.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:11 PM   #4

My battery is totally disconnected right now (neg and pos wires). 50 amp hookup runs the jacks.
Lacrosse40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, jacks