Thanks WMTire for letting me know. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but I've been trouble shooting brake issues somewhere that is about to drive me insane.
I took my brand spanking new Sabre 5th wheel to Alabama over Easter weekend to visit my Dad. Dad had a 30AMP (3 Prong) outlet attached to a pole on his property. I hadn't seen Dad in over 2 years. I was excited to show him my new toy and anxious to get it set up and visit with him. I asked him, "Dad, that outlet is 120V right?" His response was "Son, there is no way for that outlet to be wired for 120V's it has to be 220. So, in the back of my mind, I thought he was wrong, but for the sake of trying to be right, and not wanting to argue, and really not being to sure myself, I took my 50AMP Shore power cord, plugged the 30Amp adapter to it and right into the outlet on the pole. The breaker inside immediately tripped. I unplugged from the pole and went inside to reset the breaker. No TV, No Microwave, No Fireplace. All three were toast. I was devastated.....literally. My DW was upset, Dad was upset and all I could see was more money getting ready to be spent. I was over 300 miles from home and had 2 nights to sit there and think about it. If is weren't for the good people on here, I don't know what I would have done.
Bottom line, is I didn't really know what the RV should have been plugged into. It really isn't the dealers fault. I don't even think I asked that question during the PDI. I never really understood how the RV could be wired the way it is and have since, learned. Too bad it was an expensive lesson.
I eventually found out my converter was shot as well. I didn't realize that while I visited. I used a regular extension cord to a 120V outlet and ran the lights and heater. I realized the converter was shot when I attempted to pull my slides in after the RV sat for about a week. Once I hooked to my TV, I had enough power to pull the slides in and head to Myrtle Beach. Later that night, I went to Wal Mart and purchased another battery and used a battery charger to charge one battery while I used the other. After that trip, I had the converter replaced. It was shot. None of the fuses blew, it totally fired all the equipment. TV was replaced. New Microwave, Fire place circuit bourd was replaced it works well. And the converter was replaced. All is well now. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you and know it is very frustrating. Hope my stupidity makes you feel better. Welcome to the forum.
John & April & "Scout"
Nights Camped 2013-(44)
Nights Camped 2015-(47)