Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
We are taking our off and putting it in the drawer under the couch after every use to insure no holes.It`s kind of a pain in the ass but so is no mattress

2008 8296SS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2002 Silverado 2500HD extended cab
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #12
We just picked up our 5th wheel last week and my wife was disapointed it did not come with the blow up mattress in place of the hideabed. The dealer told us he has a bunch of them in his service department with holes in them. He said they get pinched when put back and are generally poorly made so they just don't hold up. I guess it was one of the few things our dealer was honest about.

Cheers, Keith

955wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #13
We had the same issue in our 2009 345RET first time of use. Found two small pinched holes, which we repaired with the patch kit. We called the dealer, they told us to look for holes. I pulled it outside, blew it up, used soap water to find the holes. They were located opposite corner (same side) from the pump. Patched it up, so far it's holding. Just watch how you fold it up.
Relaxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #14
Well, yesterday we spoke with the dealer and at first they said "they are going to have to do something about it because it is the 3rd one this week" So i took the matress for the one hour drive to the dealer as they requested. When I got to the service desk another service rep (not the one we spoke to on the phone) said "you are out of warrenty" (which I already knew). She also said, "even if you were still covered, a pinched matress would not be covered because it was negligence not defect".

I was very disapointed as well as angry because I made the trip to the dealership at their request. They told me that even the 3 others this week were also not covered for the same reasons. I complianed to her that it was dumb design especially if there are all of these problems and she agreed but was still not able to help. She said Forest River says it is Flair Interiors design and therefore their problem and Flair Interiors says once they sell the coch to Forest River it is their problem. Sounds like no one wants to take responsibility!

Now the only solution we have is to fork over $400 for a replacement. She also said if it was hers she would take it off the bed and fold it up underneath in the drawer (just as Chevy02 said).

Well now it is a lesson learned!!

Thanks for all the replys. Lori

lori08360 is offline   Reply With Quote