Old 03-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
Epic road trip in planning, need advice...

So, right now my brother are planning an epic road trip around North America once classes are out for the semester.

The trip is going to be up the CA coast to WA, across the country, down the east, and work our way back through the south.

I have some stops planned but I need advice, not just on stops and roads, but essential gear.

This is basically an on-road trip.

I have my 09 FJ, ARB Bumper, spacers in front, KN filter, cyclone pre filter, dual battery (will be finished by then), stock skids and bling plate (will be reattached by then), Hella 500s on bumper, NavComputer, OBD2 monitor (so I can keep an eye on trans temp while towing), fridge in car, and Airlift 1000 in back springs.

The '12 R-Pod 177 trailer is already outfitted and I've added a second battery and solar. Only thing I don't have is a generator to run the A/C, so I think I'll skip that.

I'll bring basic tools, wrenches, ratchets, impact driver, fuses, fluids, first aid, ham radio, cb, compressor, jump-starter thing, etc.

Any other suggestions?

This is the first real trip besides in AZ that I'll have towed a trailer on.

compubmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
It would be neat if you blog your adventures and post what I'm sure will be some amazing pictures. :-)
clancythecamper is offline   Reply With Quote