Old 04-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #1

Even pro's make mistakes!

Caught this on video this morning on my way to work. Truck driver decided to take the "better" route around some construction. The roads he traveled weren't designed for big trucks and someone else had to pay for it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B52...ew?usp=sharing

Old 04-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #2
Done with this

Not making excuses, or defending the truck driver(much), but you really can't feel it when you run over things in a semi. Don't ask me how I know... I tail slapped a concrete block building and felt nothing. Dang near knocked it down... Sure hope things worked out for both parties.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:05 PM   #3

Around this area GPS routes trucks onto roads that they should not be on. It has gotten so bad that VDOT has to put many signs warning truckers not to follow their GPS that the road is not suited to big trucks.

In the video looks like the Dodge couldn't turn sharp enough and was too far in the big trucks lane.......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:07 PM   #4
Done with this

That's a fact. GPS will get you in a heck of a bind. I call it "the b***h in the box".

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
In the video looks like the Dodge couldn't turn sharp enough and was too far in the big trucks lane.......
The semi was actually over the line into the other lane. The intersection is horribly designed, a full size truck can barely make the turn without rubbing the curb. The highway is technically closed and signs posted on the highway for the next exit do say that it's for local traffic only. I didn't post it to point fingers, just caught an interesting incident on the road and thought I'd share. You can actually see the sheet metal of the Ram peeling up if you look close enough. I also agree that the truck driver probably barely felt it.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:39 AM   #6

Looks to me like the pickup came around the corner, could not get by on the road due to the tanker trailer in the way.
Pickup driver could have waited 30 seconds and avoided the whole mess. It's all on him.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-16-2016, 02:35 AM   #7
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

What a shame for that Dodge to put his nose right in the line of danger. What do you think will happen?
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooming View Post
Looks to me like the pickup came around the corner, could not get by on the road due to the tanker trailer in the way.
Pickup driver could have waited 30 seconds and avoided the whole mess. It's all on him.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I agree with this! Youroo!!
Old 04-16-2016, 07:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooming View Post
When he was approaching the intersection to make the right hand turn and looked right to see that the semi had the lane blocked (ahhhhh probably never looked before making the turn) he should of stopped right there before making the right, instead of trying to push his way through the blocked lane.

I don't make any claims to be a perfect driver, but we have no shortage of boneheads on the roads making stupid moves because they think they'll save 30 seconds. They should give the guy in the pickup a citation. I commute 105 miles one way daily and some of the stuff I see really chaps my A%@.

Its not unlike if your sitting at an intersection at a stoplight in the right hand lane, with a solid line to your right which indicates to stay off the shoulder. How many people come up driving on the shoulder beyond that white line making a right on red? Usually we also have a sign that says stay off shoulder. But when you do it legally from the lane to the left of the white line and hit one of those idiots on the shoulder, they will cry like babies how its your fault.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad10281 View Post
The semi was actually over the line into the other lane. The intersection is horribly designed, a full size truck can barely make the turn without rubbing the curb. The highway is technically closed and signs posted on the highway for the next exit do say that it's for local traffic only. I didn't post it to point fingers, just caught an interesting incident on the road and thought I'd share. You can actually see the sheet metal of the Ram peeling up if you look close enough. I also agree that the truck driver probably barely felt it.
Big trucks end up on the wrong roads around here all the time GPS sends them bad ways. The thing here is, the outcome is usually much worse. Many deaths. I've been behind a big truck on hairpin curves that are so tight the ICC bar would drag and lift the trailers rear tandems off the ground. He made it but once your there you can't exactly turn around. The bad also is most of the roads are state highways. Signs have helped but not the total answer.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote