Old 08-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Ever end up with an extra Camper? It was a 'Man' thing

I sure did this year. I bought a 27' Crossroads Cruiser and we've been enjoying traveling and camping this summer since the kids bailed on us. Something about growing up and lives of there own or something? We downsized from a 30' Aerolite because of that.My wife mentioned the Cruiser is a little thin on cabinet and wardrobe space so I bought a 30' FR Wildwood that has a large amount of nice cabinets and wardrobe space along with a super slide that the Cruiser doesn't have.

My wife's first words when she got inside with the slides out was "You could dance in here!" She went on also to comment on the amount of nice cabinets and wardrobe space. Now I have 2 really nice campers in the drive and told her she could have her pick. I thought it was a no brainer and she would take jump all over the Wildwood.

That's where I went wrong. She chose the Crossroads. My sweetheart got sentimental and attached to her Cruiser and Im all puzzled. Another example of when my wife over the years tells me "Your such a Man" or "That was a man move" it's not really a compliment. And that is why I just bought a Forest River Wildwood and am now selling a Forest River Wildwood

My Love , My Life ~ My Wife
Rockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Experienced Newbie
We had a Coleman Royale popup and the new Apex HTT for a couple months.

The popup was in it's usual winter storage spot on the side of the house while the Apex was parked in it's usual spot... in my neighbors yard. He used to have a 30' motorhome and had a cement pad poured for it. Now it sits empty unless we're not camping.

2011 Silverado CC/SB
2014 Cougar 31SQB
mhartzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Before we found our Puma I would walk our dog in the morning down the street. About a block and a half sits a Dutchman TT beside a house that is never used. It hasn't been moved in over a year. I kept thinking, I wonder how much they would sale it for, etc. DW said...why buy someone else's tt that you don't know anything about. So we went shopping at a dealer. Now..we have our Puma sitting in the drive and I keep looking at the Dutchman tt..thinking could I buy it and fix it up and resale? I don't suppose....
2009 Palomino Puma 25RS
2007 Chevrolet Silverado
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #4
Mark obviously some do that. SO I suppose if a person was handy why not? Our early campers were fixer uppers. I looked at it like this considering we have a few rental property's that we started at the bottom there too. 'There is no end to the things to do on a house but a camper is only 200 sq ft. It has a beginning and an end. Im an HVAC business owner and involved with extensive design and bldg projects so rehabbing a camper back then was like a fun project to us.
My Love , My Life ~ My Wife
Rockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
Hey, the more the merrier!

Our new 26RL is hooked up, loaded, and ready for it's maiden voyage.

Our old Tioga is stored at a campground in SC close to the G'kids.....

Then there's the vintage Shasta for my wife's "glamping".....

It's all good....
PawPawJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
For a period of time, we had a 34' Sportcoach motorhome, a 36' Airstream fixer, a 13' Scamp and 19' Jayco travel just happened...looked up one day and asked DH what the heck? Sent the Scamp to brother in law so he could use it, sold the Sportcoach and Jayco last summer & the Airstream fixer project is on the list...asked DH what it could get for scrap aluminum. Meanwhile bought the hard sided pop if I can get him to sell a few cars sitting around here - but I guess a having few classic cars is not so strange to have over a few RV rigs....LOL

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote