Old 06-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #11

I would not rent my RV unless it was specifically bought for that purpose and it was strictly for rental like NWJeeper. I was at a local dealer getting some minor repair work done and a family with a rental from Cruise America pulled in because they were having trouble with the toilet. Turns out that they didn't know the tank had to be emptied or how to do it. How many renters will take the time and effort to make sure the rv is level to ensure proper refrigerator operation? Too many other systems to be concerned about as well.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #12

Seeing as how we are "new" to having a really nice camper, there is NO way I'd RENT/LOAN or anything else.. to anyone! Even my family! I may invite them to go along with us from time to time, but to just turn it loose with someone....... heck no! We have dreamed a long time about having a nice camper and now are deep in debt for one. My view is... The banks loan money for these every day... let them go get their own!

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbait8 View Post
Seeing as how we are "new" to having a really nice camper, there is NO way I'd RENT/LOAN or anything else.. to anyone! Even my family! I may invite them to go along with us from time to time, but to just turn it loose with someone....... heck no! We have dreamed a long time about having a nice camper and now are deep in debt for one. My view is... The banks loan money for these every day... let them go get their own!

Well put.
okdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbait8 View Post
THANKS! !

You make an excellent point.
Brian
Prepilot_3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #15

Thanks everyone. You've pretty much confirmed what I thought. You're right Mr. Jeeper, this is done ALL the time with aircraft. I've been involved in that before. Pilots are a different breed of people though, while the economics are the same, I don't think the people are the same.

I love the idea of using the income from THIS one to buy another one. That I can get behind! We just love our new (to us) pusher that we hate to un-personalize it for rental purposes.

I dunno, it's got it's good and bad... I've rented from Cruise America before and those things are TRASHED, I don't want mine looking like that when I get it back.

Brian
Prepilot_3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #16

I agree 100%! We never even loan our camping gear to family. The only thing I might have loaned family would have been a tent and then I would have to think about it real long and hard. It all costs $ and many have more than I do, so let them get their own.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2000 Suburban 1500 4 X 4
ngts camped 2016-24 so far. reservations for 11 more
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaylor View Post
I wouldn't rent mine out. Check your insurance, it may not cover renters. And besides, i have seen what renters do to homes and apartments over the years as a slum lord. That would be the last thing I would do.
Why you will not rent it? But still the extra income is worth for that kind of business.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:28 AM   #18

To complete strangers no way...

Family yes... But I couldn't let them tow it away. I can't sleep in the passenger seat with the DW driving on a straight road.

I have offered family that the can use it and I would take it and set it up and break it down. ( we have lots of campgrounds within a couple of hours ). Especially the MIL FIL to take there grandkids.. hint hint.
Mowat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I would not rent out my rv unless it was specifically bought for that purpose and it was strictly for rental like NWJeeper. I was at a local dealer getting some minor repair work done and a family with a rental from Cruise America pulled in because they were having trouble with the toilet. Turns out that they didn't know the tank had to be emptied or how to do it. How many renters will take the time and effort to make sure the rv is level to ensure proper refrigerator operation? Too many other systems to be concerned about as well.
I rented mine out once and it got trashed definately not recommended