Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Do what I have...I have joined the OC/Herk/Elind/Aquaman/Turbs/RVChick/Weezer crew and modded our rig out so much that it would be too painful to upgrade to another unit....
BTW & FTR, I don't mod my trailers!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #22
NELA

Just ain't about to lay claim (or have it attributed to me) to something I didn't do, and Lord knows I couldn't do.

welding? UH UH don't even wanna be close to anyone who CAN do that. I'll be more than happy to stand back and hold a cold soda for the guy that CAN.

I can't torque something to 160 lbs. NEWP. Ain't about to get up on the roof of Buffy either.

I know my limitations and I'm happy stayin' right here inside 'em.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #23
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
BTW & FTR, I don't mod my trailers!

Well, TBH we've not seen your 5er, but I KNOW you've done quite a few mods for ours!

awning poles and brackets X2 (Sneak mounted and installed)
ladder mount for satellite dish (Sneak designed and had base plate made for)
pin box mount for satellite dish (ditto)
sliding tray/rack for basement storage (that some ne'er do well threatened to abscond with)

Not to mention all the advice you've given us both. We are thankful!

Old 07-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #24
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
...welding? UH UH don't even wanna be close to anyone who CAN do that...
Houston, we have a problem!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #25
NELA

SILLY Wabbit....I mean elbow to elbow while you're doing it!

I'm totally content to be a distant observer.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

We have several "auto darkening" helmets so you can even watch it up close and personal.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #27
NELA

Got a molten metal proof suit too?

Shock proof?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #28
NELA

If you and Sneak start that stuff I'll be happy to go inside with Ms. Frankie and cook somethin' up!

Old 07-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #29

HERE'S MY 2 CENTS. 4 years ago while minding my own business while in Gilf Shores on vacation with my original 2003 Wildcat 5ver, someone came by our campsite and said XYZ dealership north of Foley has some deals on Bighorns that you cant pass up. Well me, the liberal spender and my DW, the once frugal, conservative(until we got into RVing) decided to go take a look. Found one we loved, but put it off until we got home to the dealership near us. We then purchased a 38ft Bighorn 5ver(3680 I think). Had several issues with it including 240v being sent thru the outlets which could never be resolved as well as 3 replacement RM1350 dometic fridges that never did work. Burnt up 2 convection/microwaves, tv, after market ice maker. Final straw was when we were in Grand Isle SP in Grand Isle LA(about 175 miles from home) and smoke began pouring out of bathroom pocket door as well as receptacles in living room. Shortened our trip and drove straight to dealership and demanded service, which was a joke. Heartland blamed it on inverter, invert co. blamed it on Heartland and Dometic. Long story shorty. We ended up in lafayette,LA and purchased our current Cedar Creek which has given us no problems. Do miss the storage and a few of the nice layout ideas, but have been pretty much pleased...except for the fact that I am still paying as part of my note, the upside portion of the Bighorn. IT WAS A DEFINITE LEARNING EXPERIENCE. We were actually forced to sign a document after the Bighorn came out of the shop for the last time before trading that we would not hold Bighorn/Heartland liable for any other damages or bodily harm. Signed it at trade-in. The rest is history. NOW! TOP THAT. Steve
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
HERE'S MY 2 CENTS. 4 years ago while minding my own business while in Gilf Shores on vacation with my original 2003 Wildcat 5ver, someone came by our campsite and said XYZ dealership north of Foley has some deals on Bighorns that you cant pass up. Well me, the liberal spender and my DW, the once frugal, conservative(until we got into RVing) decided to go take a look. Found one we loved, but put it off until we got home to the dealership near us. We then purchased a 38ft Bighorn 5ver(3680 I think). Had several issues with it including 240v being sent thru the outlets which could never be resolved as well as 3 replacement RM1350 dometic fridges that never did work. Burnt up 2 convection/microwaves, tv, after market ice maker. Final straw was when we were in Grand Isle SP in Grand Isle LA(about 175 miles from home) and smoke began pouring out of bathroom pocket door as well as receptacles in living room. Shortened our trip and drove straight to dealership and demanded service, which was a joke. Heartland blamed it on inverter, invert co. blamed it on Heartland and Dometic. Long story shorty. We ended up in lafayette,LA and purchased our current Cedar Creek which has given us no problems. Do miss the storage and a few of the nice layout ideas, but have been pretty much pleased...except for the fact that I am still paying as part of my note, the upside portion of the Bighorn. IT WAS A DEFINITE LEARNING EXPERIENCE. We were actually forced to sign a document after the Bighorn came out of the shop for the last time before trading that we would not hold Bighorn/Heartland liable for any other damages or bodily harm. Signed it at trade-in. The rest is history. NOW! TOP THAT. Steve

But Steve, did you catch any crabs or fish while you were on the Island?

2013 Berkshire 390 BH
Old 07-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #31

Matter of fact we caught 4 flounder off of the pier in the lagoon but were planning on grilling them and several others our group had caught the night we left. We were there during Mardi Gras in 2011 and been going back ever sense. Been dying to go during the summer but cant get DW to give up the sugar white sand of Gulf Shore for the Brown Sugar sands of GI. Caught n4 reds this past Mardi Gras in the lagoon near the check in. Cold and rainy, I could hardly move with my thermal, clothes and Frog Togs on. I must be sick/obsessed cause I loved every minute of it. Private message me if you have any tips for winter fishing down there. We plan on returning next year for MG.
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer