Old 09-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
You can buy pre-made extended run kits here:

Generator Brands for Extended Run Generator Fuel Systems | Life Warranty

And there are several videos on youtube showing where people have done the same.

You may can pick up some ideas from both.
Yes, I have contacted them, and they do not offer a duel extended run because champions are gravity fed. According to their website, they have a single extended run, which I guess I can buy two.

Hondas have a fuel pump to draw fuel out of external tank. I have to work with gravity.

I thought about adding a hose barb to the fuel cap, but don't know if cap will seal enough to keep fuel from leaking.

Jack of all trades, Master on none
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #12
Site Team

Have you checked youtube? I thought I recalled seeing one by a guy who made it for a champion where he added his own pump.

Here's one for a Champion inverter type generator, which I am "assuming" you are using.

Materialism: buying things we donít need with money we donít have to impress people that donít matter.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:03 PM   #13

Follow this link we did all the hard work for you. Simple easy how to. Just read the whole link through took a few people to complete.
Good luck.
Extend gen/inverter run time
Old 09-09-2016, 03:13 PM   #14

I have Hondas and no experience with the Champions but assume they have some similarities. While I dont run mine on an extended tank if I did I would run synthetic oil vs. dino. Check your manual for oil change intervals and from what I have seen it wont take long before it's due. They dont hold a lot of oil anyway so keeping up with your maintenance is something to be mindful of when using extended run tanks. Just my.02
Old 09-09-2016, 03:15 PM   #15

I did the same thing with a Generac 2000. I went in EBay and found the cap and a boat tank.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
I would like to add an external fuel supply to the 2 Champion gens I run in parallel .
How do you phase parallel generators ?
Major Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Oz View Post
How do you phase parallel generators ?
With one of these.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 230 AH Battery Bank - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting - Boon Docking 99% of the time.
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre - 6 speed - Tow Package
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAbbott View Post
Follow this link we did all the hard work for you. Simple easy how to. Just read the whole link through took a few people to complete.
Good luck.
Extend gen/inverter run time
Thanks for the link, but I have the Champion 2000 Watt generators.
Attached Images

Jack of all trades, Master on none
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #19
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenrod View Post
I have Hondas and no experience with the Champions but assume they have some similarities. While I dont run mine on an extended tank if I did I would run synthetic oil vs. dino. Check your manual for oil change intervals and from what I have seen it wont take long before it's due. They dont hold a lot of oil anyway so keeping up with your maintenance is something to be mindful of when using extended run tanks. Just my.02

The Honda manual calls for oil change every 100 hours. Sometimes that's not possible but lots of folks regularly exceed that number. I recently ran my two 2000's for 190 hours without shutting down. When I got home and changed the oil it was just as clean coming out as when it went in.

I use the B.E.R.G. tank to feed both units and get 30+ hours between fill ups even running the AC continuously.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #20

parallel 2000's

Hi, I see many of you run the dual gen set-up. Any of you power up a 15,000 btu AC unit? Any advice? I'm looking to purchase a set of Honda's but also like the Generac reviews. - Thanks!

Tags
inverter