Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2015, 04:33 PM   #1

Extension mirrors for vehicles

I am looking to purchase extension mirrors to be used on my Toyota FJ Cruiser. Just wondered if anyone else has a solution for a good looking extension mirror that mounts to the existing mirror? One that doesn't vibrate and stays on tight. the mirrors on my FJ are wider on the sides then on the top and bottom. I have seen the mirrors that mount to the window frame and the bottom of the door with straps but looking for quality ones that mount to the mirror frame. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
chopper702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #2

Sorry, here's a link to what the mirror looks like. I cannot upload photos for some reason!

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/110038...ide_mirror.jpg

I do not think the strap on mirrors would fit from top to bottom of mirror
Old 07-14-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Grand Aero Clip-On Towing Mirrors - 2 Per Box-pplmotorhomes.com
Old 07-14-2015, 06:46 PM   #4

Wow! Excellent I like them! Thanks, I think they will do the job!
Old 07-14-2015, 10:34 PM   #5
WFD

Check CIPA brand...available at many RV dealers but best price seems to be on Amazon...had them for my Ford and now my GMC...fit like a glove and no vibration and slide over the factory ones...great product!
Old 07-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
Check CIPA brand...available at many RV dealers but best price seems to be on Amazon...had them for my Ford and now my GMC...fit like a glove and no vibration and slide over the factory ones...great product!
Used them on my F150, then my C2500HD. They were great!
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #7

I use the Grand Aero mirrors on my X5 as well. They stay very secure and accommodate the curved mirror housing with its two clamp format. Be sure to check the clearance between the edge of your factory mirror and the inside face of the housing. That gap is where the clamp feet sit and the clamps feet can interfere with your factory mirror movement if you're not careful. The mirrors have a very, very slight vibration when on the highway, but that is because they are fully extended. Even with the slight vibration, I would recommend these mirrors.

'09 BMW X5 xDrive35D (TV)
'15 Porsche Cayenne Diesel (Wife's)
'15 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB (TT)
MudyOvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #8

I use these when towing with my Expedition EL and I really like them. I would agree with everyone else that these are the best choice out there for add on mirrors.
dano50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #9

I've used the Tow-N-See mirrors on my Tacoma for the past 5 years; have been really happy with them.
toxophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:03 PM   #10

I would think the clip-ons would vibrate. I don't see how they couldn't. I bought the following in March and have used them for 5000 miles this summer with no problems and no vibration + less expensive. Here is the link on Amazon. It will show Toyota but you specify the vehicle.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o02_s00
Old 07-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #11

Been using the CIPA's for years on my Chevys. The fit like a glove & 0 vibration.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
I would think the clip-ons would vibrate. I don't see how they couldn't. I bought the following in March and have used them for 5000 miles this summer with no problems and no vibration + less expensive. Here is the link on Amazon. It will show Toyota but you specify the vehicle.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o02_s00
I agree, been using these for the last 2 yrs and love them!
wz3mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
Amazon.com: CIPA 11300 Toyota Tundra Custom Towing Mirrors - Sold as Pair: Automotive
If my mirrors vibrate, I have not noticed it. They fit snugly and I couldn't be happier with them. They do the job quite nicely for add on mirrors.
dano50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:53 PM   #14

We have a set of the Grand Aeros as per the earlier link. Best marrows I ever had. They do not vibrate like other clipp ons with rubber cords etc. At least 10000 miles on mine now in the last 2 years. I have had cipas too but like these better. Not quite as nice looking or streamlined but very functional and practical.
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote