Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
In our 2011 Windjammer they got rid of the drain hose. They put cup type catch in place of the drian hose. I guess they think it will evaporate. Its behind the Fridg. access door...Black colored cup.

BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #12
Delaminating Club

Not a club we wanted to be a part of, but we are taking our 2008 Flagstaff 829 RGSS back to the manufacturing plant tomorrow due to delamination on both sides of the camper. I hope our outcome is as favorable as yours. The dealership looked at it and said our seals were not broken and they did not think it was due to water but "bad" glue. FR stated the only way the camper would delaminate is if we had a water leak b/c they have had no issues with glue. They stated if they find a water leak they will take pictures and let us decide what we want to do (fixing the camper at a discount) and if it was found to be their fault they would fix the camper at no cost to us and ship it back. We've been somewhat encouraged by the posts where FR made it right for the customer. We're hoping for the same.

The Farmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #13
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
capucine is right, the first thing you need to do is locate where the leak is and get that stopped. Take pics and document everything, just in case.

Once delamination starts, it's hard to stop. Replacing the wall is the only fix I know of, but hopefully others may know of something that will work.

I would contact FR even though your out of warranty. You never know, but at least give them the chance to say no. Forest River Ph. Number, 574-389-4600.

You might also think about taking it to your dealer and let them inspect and take pics. FR will have you do this anyway to verify the delam problem.
If your dealer is worth his/her salt, they will be your advocate. I got my trailer fixed last year 2 years out of warranty. FR and the dealer stood behind their product...

good luck,
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #14
The problem with this laminate techniques is that the fiberglass is laminated to some 1/8 ply which looks suspiciously like "luan" which is used on hollow core doors. Check the striker plates for the doors. My guess is that the adhesive in the luan is not water resistant and the plywood separates and swells up. Crappy any way you cut it. My brother has a trailer, 23LB, where a loose screw on the kitchen vent let in water and the wall bulged. He wants to switch to the aluminium panelled trailer which he feels is less prone to problems like this.

I have an issue with a loose screw on the molding at the back of the trailer just above the bumper. That will be the first order of business when I start camping again next week.

Does any know of a book or website that describes the construction of these laminated wall trailer and how to repair the bulges?????? It would be good if we could see some sections thru the various panels and joints to better understand them.
Palomino G210
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Palomino_G210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #15

We brought our camper home last night and I started unloading our personal items today. When I opened the shower door, there was brown water spots all over the tub. I also noticed brown water spots around all four corners of the skylight. Obviously, we have a leak, but still trying to understand since the dealership inspected the roof and stated that the seals were intact. Now, we are not sure what is going on. Could there be another reason it is leaking?

Thanks for your input!
The Farmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #16
I think you wiil have to climb on the roof and inspect the caulking around the skylight and around. It may looks good but you may have an issue of caulking that is not sticking any longer and the water is seeping under your caulking. Old caulking will have to go and new caulking will have to be install after a careful preparation.

capucine is offline   Reply With Quote

laminate bubbling