Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
Now a "Top Member"

I would always measure anyway if you find one you like. The older models were as crazy as anything. For example, my old TT was called a 26RKS something or another. The sales pitch was that it was 26' long. But the actual living space was only 23'. Other listings (Nada I think) listed the same model as 23'. So if you are hardbound to a specific length to store it, better to be safe than sorry...bring your tape measure with you.

Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sniffy,

My experience is that the Flagstaff/Shamrock exterior lengths include the tongue.

While you wait for someone who has your exact model trailer I'll give you my measurements compared to the brochure length to give you an idea of what you might expect.

We have a 233s and its exterior length by brochure is 23'9".

The box, including the tongue, but not the bumper or spare tire is slightly less than 24'. The bumper and spare add 16".

So, if you trust it, that means the brochure exterior length includes the tongue.

Two things you can do to check this: Call the dealer and ask them to measure it. Search here for owners of the trailer you want to buy and send a PM. Not everyone is on the forum every day.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #13

I am not talking about model numbers I am talking about the information listed on the forest river pages for example the rockwood ultra lite 2604 does say its 29 ft
http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/def...ries=UltraLite

what I want to verify is that these numbers are completely accurate with the entire length of the trailer from the back bumper to the tip of the tongue.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffy View Post
I am not talking about model numbers I am talking about the information listed on the forest river pages for example the rockwood ultra lite 2604 does say its 29 ft
http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/def...ries=UltraLite

what I want to verify is that these numbers are completely accurate with the entire length of the trailer from the back bumper to the tip of the tongue.
In your example the 29' refers to the length from the rear bumper to the front of the hitch.

...VTX-Al
Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #15

Thank you