Old 07-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #11
Head Rambler
Several people use those "air bake" baking sheets to do the same thing. I don't know which would work better. I do know that without something, they do heat very unevenly.

Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
I have used the oven in our camper with and without success. I put 4 6x6 unglazed tiles on the metal piece that is directly above the flame and center them between the holes on the sides and against the back of the oven (no holes across the back of this metal piece). Do not let the bakeware on the baking rack "hang over" any of the holes on the sides or the front as the food will burn since that is where the heat comes from. I've baked cookies and chicken breasts successfully this way (bottom of bakeware was not greased).

Burnt items have been cinnamon rolls and brownies. I did not have the tiles in place when I baked these (I remove them while traveling) and the bottom of the bakeware was greased both times, so next time I won't grease the bottom of the pan (it's a non-stick pan) to see how items bake. Full size bakeware for kitchen ovens is too big for the camper ovens as it goes over the holes on the metal piece above the flame. I use bakeware for toaster ovens.

Just my experience so far...I'm still in the learning phase. Oh, I did do some research on the oven and the material I read said to "pre-heat oven 15 minutes before using it."

Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
Site Team
Thanks for the tip on the stoneware pizza pan. We just happen to have one,
still in the box gathering cobwebs in the closet.
It is now in the oven waiting the next test on the cinnamon rolls ;-))
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
We have had3 different campers in the last 9 years and have never even turned the stove onWhat you need to do is practice baking on your grill it workes great
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #15
We have no problems baking in our new oven in our V lite. I baked a cake and cookies yesterday. Better then my oven at home.
Living the good life Rving and enjoying it . National rally... Dundee, Ohio
June14-20, 2009
toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #16
The Jolly Mon
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
just get a Dutch Oven! J/k....

We used the tiles and pizza stone trick in our RV oven. I found that the pizza stone was better. It was large, and rectangle in shape. Like they said...not perfect, but sure did help. Now we have a large apt. style range/oven...and don't have this issue.

Pete (Jolly Mon)

2014 Jayco Whitehawk 24 RBS
2004 Nissan Titan LE, 4x4
Equal-i-zer hitch
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote