Forest River Forums
Sunline User Photos

Old 07-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #1

F 150 Ecoboost towing updates

Any updates on anyone towing with a F 150 ecoboost...especially those towing a 5th wheel thats loaded at around 10,000 lbs...total weight...also..those of you that have both the Heavy duty payload package ..and the Max towing package...also if you happen to be going out west thru mountains

Old 07-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #2

Just purchased a 2012 ecoboost last week. Have not towed with it yet. Doing my 1000 mile break in. Anxious to see how it pulls. Have heard a lot of good things about it.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #3

Our old diesel had a minor problem while returning from a short camping trip, and we got our friend with his Ecoboost to tow our 31-foot Flagstaff fifthwheel home. The camper was probably in the 9000 lb range, weight wise.
While the truck pulled it effortlessly, it dd bounce a bit more than our 3/4 ton, which shouldn't be a big surprise, and it was only getting about 9mpg, vs our diesel at about 13.
But all things considered, if I was looking for a truck that was to be used only 10% of the time for hauling the camper, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Ecoboost.
But my friend's truck had all of the towing options available, and anyone looking to pull should probably go that route.
And it was a very nice truck.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #4

I love my 2012 F150 EB. I'm towing a lot smaller trailer than what you're looking at but it did pull it effortlessly through the Ozarks around Branson last week. It's really amazing what a 3.5 L something 6 cy motor can do.

Having said that if I was going to pull a 10K trailer, I'd definitely start with a F250. I think the weight of that trailer might get away from you. JMHO.....
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote