Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eortiz View Post
If you live in the area a few other nice places are IB Magee in Port A. $25 a night. No shade but right on the beach. Ask for a site I the grassy area. Shower houses are big nice and usually clean. You need a card to swipe to enter which they provide when you check in.
Goose Island SP in the Rockport Fulton area is also really nice. The sites at the bay front are impossible to get on the weekends but I recently found the wooded area in much nicer (not windy and sticky like the bay front) if the mosquitoes are not out. This is more of a camping, fishing area If you want to swim you need to drive to Rockport to the beach 15 minutes away.
We live in Corpus Christi and unfortunately don't really get much pleasure from staying at the beach anymore. Much prefer a nice lake or river and TREEs.

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:03 PM   #22

As has been said over and over the Texas State Park system can provide a lifetime of camping pleasure. Get a Park Pass and just start a bucket list. I think there are about 100 parks statewide
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCobra View Post
We live in Corpus Christi and unfortunately don't really get much pleasure from staying at the beach anymore. Much prefer a nice lake or river and TREEs.
Anywhere on River Road in New Braunfels. Avoid holidays. It's one big loud party. Unless that's what you are in to.Last place we stayed was River Road Camp. Nice and reasonable. http://www.riverroadcamp.com
eortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #24

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
By the River in Kerrville is a dump. Poor electrical, broken picnic tables and bad sewer hookups. Grass field that is muddy when it rains. They do have river access but you are warned not to get in the water.

Guadalupe River is much nicer. Has a stage for entertainment, pools and other amenities. Asphalt sites with table and some fire pits. Beautiful field between the Rv sites and the river. Huge cypress trees and walking trails. You can not get into the river. $4.00/day extra for cable and you need a box (they provide) to hook up to TV. Internet is another $3.50/day. May be worth it if you have young ones but $42.00 is a little steep for that park. I think my next park will Buckhorn. Haven't been there yet.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote