Old 11-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
That's awesome! That hits on a handful of things we've talked about- roof size is generally big enough for the cart; the cart needs to be a "convertible" with a removable roof; they appear to have locked the steering in place with straps (maybe that was done afterwards). I like the integrated storage of the ramps.

There appears to be some kind of roller on the front- a pulley, maybe. I'm betting on there being a winch; possibly integrated into the custom truck bed. Not sure, though.

Looks like they have the ability to tie into the custom bed so they have a beefy footing. It almost looks like they still have some feet/risers going from the door sill to the rack. Building on that idea, I've wondered about a heavy-duty kayak rack that was anchored to the truck bed like US Racks does:

I wonder if something stout enough could be built that minimizes the need for front supports. Problem with that- the further back the truck bed that you go, the more you then have to worry about clearance between the top of added height to the truck's bed rails and the bottom of the fifth wheel.
You could use a Sidewinder pin box and move the pivot point back.

Brian

Old 11-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #72
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Just saw this over at rv.net:

Attachment 66028

I have to say, it was nice having our car for errands and running around. We need a 4-seater smart car!
OMG is that an F-150?

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #73

I thought it be too Herk, zoomed up it might be looks like older f250 clank and clack oil burner.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arefbee View Post
Just curious - have you done a cost comparison to see how many days you would need to use the GC to equal the cost of a privately owned unit, plus the upgrades needed to tow it. At $60/day you would need it 100 days to equal a $6000 cost for the GC and extras.

If cost was not a issue, I would do is a toy hauler. That idea provides the opportunity to use the ramp as a back deck as well as using the garage as a second bedroom.

New 2015 Forest River RV Vengeance Touring Edition 39C14 Toy Hauler Fifth Wheel at Fun Town RV | Cleburne, TX | #133726

We bought our golf car in 2010 as a used unit from a dealer that buys & resells used units from golf courses in New England with short seasons & sells them in NC. Our Golf car came with the additions of a new body, new long roof, new fold down rear seat, new windshield, new wheel covers, new factory style head & tail lights and new batteries all with a 1 year warranty. (The campground we go to mainly, only allows electric GCs) all for $3200 we paid for it in less than 2 years in rental savings. At some point in the next few years it will need new batteries which are pricey.
We did end up buying a new 2013 36 foot, $29K toyhauler two years ago to carry the GC after having the DW pull it behind her for a year but I do not count that cost as now we can sleep 10 & have both sons, the DIL and the Grandson the dogs & the Granddogs along at the same time .....Priceless.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, wheel