Firstly- this is totally pie in the sky and extraordinarily unlikely to ever happen.
That out of the way- I'm trying to think through the process of having a fifth wheel and a taking a golf cart along. At the same time, taking off all reasonable solutions:
- I want to keep my camper, it's not a toy hauler
- I can't/won't double tow
- I'm not enthusiastic about ideas that extend my total overall length; that means no to the follow:
- Idaho Tote type trailer at the back
- Heavy duty platform off the back
- Don't want to do a heavy duty platform up front
- Excludes setup like the Automated Safety Hitch
- I want to keep my truck (though, for argument's sake- let's say I'm either OK on GVWR/payload and/or willing to exceed it)
- I want to keep my truck bed (i.e. no flatbed conversion)
At this point, it seems like the only possible solution that I haven't disqualified is a heavy duty rack over top of my crew cab truck.
I figure it would need supports down to the front wheel wells and some kind of tie in to the rear of the truck. On top of that, it would need some extraordinarily long ramps that break down into sections and lay flat in the truck bed during travel. I think I would prefer a winch (like f1000Turbo did for the crazy boat + travel trailer setup he did for his boss) vs. driving up. One, it would save me deathly harm and two, the ramps could be shorter provided enough clearance.
The cart would have to be fairly well battoned down for the wind beating it would take.
This is the closest picture that I found, but its framework would still be an issue. It's the general idea, though:
I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures years ago of a heavy duty rack outside of an RV show. There was nothing up there, but it was the idea that I keep coming back to seeing.