Fire at plug
WOW, our MH is currently parked next to the house and is plugged in to a 110 outlet. We only need the current to keep the battery charged. We use an adapter to connect the heavy duty cord to the 30 amp plug. Anyway, we moved the MY a couple of days ago to mow around it and somewhere along the line the plug adapter was not plugged in tightly to the cord as it moved or someone must have bumped into it to loosen it.
Today, I was taking a break from my computer work, and walking around the yard and started into the house, but decided to sit in the swing and chill a bit more. Good thing. I was looking down at the MH and saw a flame at the back...didn't know what it was but started running anyway. I could see that it was at the cord which was hanging on the ladder to keep it off the ground. Good thing... Anyway, I unplugged it from the house current and the flame went out almost immediately. The cord and plug were burned up. I realized that the cord wasn't plugged completely into the adapter and that is what must have triggered a spark. Don't know what would have happened if I hadn't needed a break from working..."God is looking after us".
I make a point to remember to check to see that plugs are totally plugged in. I remember from years ago, hearing of fires that were caused by sparks from not plugging in completely.
Just a reminder of how close things can come sometimes. All we will need to replace is the adapter and Heavy Duty extension cord, this time.
Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2015 3050s Sunseeker