Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #41
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stan View Post
NDJollymon, PLEASE let me know if your ever in Florida. We need to camp together (our families,not us personaly) if it can be arranged. It seems like we could spend a few minutes around a campfire telling tall tales. Oh and I can NEVER have too many friends
I'm with ya Stan...
While we've never camped in Florida, we go to Miami/FLL to jump on the cruise ships pretty regular. I have made my Parrothead 'pilgrimage' to Buffett's original "Margaritaville" down in Key West...and had some Corona's.
Not going to make it down this winter, however...I'm saving for my... "sniff, sniff" ...only daughter's wedding.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #42
Florida Member

Oh no, they grow up too fast don't they? We only have one and he's almost out of school. I'm SO glad I didn't have a girl, my niece wraps me around her finger every time she's here. The offer still stands though, if you can ever make it in the summer I'll show you some places to ride your Jet Ski.
Oh sorry about the thread hi jack, back on topic now. The 642 airweight is great, and the new crimson trace grips have a recoil reduction strap added in the back were your hand wraps around the gun.
'92 Son, Barely used
'71 Wife, spoiled rotten, but in great shape
'99 Miniture Cocker Spaniel, spoiled rotten, almost as much as '71 wife.
'08 "Chug", running in a dead tie for second as far as being as spoiled as '71 wife.
Scuba Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #43

Another little thought. If, God forbid you have to use your weapon to protect your self or a loved one. As soon as the authorities (Sorry no spell check) arrive, chest pains would reqire a trip to the hospital before questioning and allow time to consult with a legal representative. By the way I was not against your orig choices just trying to give you somethings to think about. There is just more to think about when carrying a weapon, then just hitting your target. There are moral and legal issues to consider that some people do not take into account. Just because the dirt bag you shoot has a rap sheet 20 pages long, that does not mean they will throw you a parade. Just read the papers. You could be the one in court and that would also affect your loved ones. I agree with you that we should be able to defend ourselves and loved ones but we have to use our heads about it so we don't become the target. Be safe and good luck.
1997 F250 H/D
44,000 mls
460ci Motor
4:10 gears
35" BFG's

markclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:57 AM   #44
Florida Member

I agree, but thankfully Florida has done something about that situation and created a law to protect people who protect themselves. If you are justified in the use of deadly force then you are protected from prosecution, and cival lawsuits. The law has already been tested and seems to work pretty good.
'92 Son, Barely used
'71 Wife, spoiled rotten, but in great shape
'99 Miniture Cocker Spaniel, spoiled rotten, almost as much as '71 wife.
'08 "Chug", running in a dead tie for second as far as being as spoiled as '71 wife.
Scuba Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by markclement View Post
Another little thought. If, God forbid you have to use your weapon to protect your self or a loved one. As soon as the authorities (Sorry no spell check) arrive, chest pains would reqire a trip to the hospital before questioning and allow time to consult with a legal representative.
I guess all CC instructors in each state tell their students the same thing.

Another thing to consider is that your weapon WILL be taken from you until you are cleared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Stan View Post
I agree, but thankfully Florida has done something about that situation and created a law to protect people who protect themselves. If you are justified in the use of deadly force then you are protected from prosecution, and cival lawsuits. The law has already been tested and seems to work pretty good.
Texas has something similar to Florida called “The Castle Law”.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote