Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2015, 01:13 AM   #81

I am a Retired Paramedic, I loved the camaraderie, don't miss the calls at 02:00 hrs when the bar closed. I also worked Admin for our local Non-Profit, a Volunteer Fire Fighter and Asst. Chief and did a short stint as our local Director of Emergency Services for a while and served on the Board of Directors for our EMS Agency. I have been retired for 6 years and loving life and don't regret my career choice.
My Handle: MICPIB1 Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic, I be one... well, I was one. JH
micpib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:09 AM   #82

31 Volunteer firefighter Southwick,Mass
JOHN M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:26 AM   #83

Retired Deputy Sheriff, 36 years Florida.
Rutrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:26 AM   #84

In 12th year as a police officer in Oakland County, Michigan.
ehnolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:54 AM   #85

About 21yrs. Volunteer fire fighter ( Capt) just became an EMR this spring, now if we could just get some more young blood to join.
coater68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:01 AM   #86
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Firth View Post
I did not realize there were so many here. GREAT company. These campgrounds are safer than I thought. I wonder how many don't adhere to most campground rules on No Weapons allowed. I always have one I just don't advertise.
Weapons? Like the truckers out there, maybe I do maybe I don't.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:10 AM   #87
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Wow. That's a compliment coming from a "crabbguy." Lol
Well, that name started with the wife calling me that but now she calls me something else. I don't think the moderators would let me use that name so I went with Crabbyguy.

Smell that? I just thought of something. Could you imagine if we all got together at one campground for a few days? BBQ, beer, talk, campfire, activities etc..... Maybe not, we'd probably get thrown out after the first night.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:37 AM   #88

Rutrow- That's a heck of a first post. Congrats on time served.

Coater68- That's a problem everywhere. We can't get young volunteers anywhere. My husbands VFW post is having problems getting returning vets to join. Their first question, "What's in it for me?" They have yet to realize that it is one of the few places to socialize with people that understand.

Crabbyguy- The first rule of Fight Club is "We don't talk about Fight Club." (or our weapons status).
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
KateE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:39 AM   #89

Hey Crabbyguy, my better half and her friends have called me that name for many years. If I don't get called by that name I think something is wrong. Do you think we would last until nightfall?????
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:43 AM   #90

USAF Security Forces (military police)
srderby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:46 AM   #91
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabbyguy View Post
Well, that name started with the wife calling me that but now she calls me something else. I don't think the moderators would let me use that name so I went with Crabbyguy.

Smell that? I just thought of something. Could you imagine if we all got together at one campground for a few days? BBQ, beer, talk, campfire, activities etc..... Maybe not, we'd probably get thrown out after the first night.
No. We'd have one assigned as security like all the wild parties I worked. Ha.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:49 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy T. View Post
I do not fit into this group, but I just want to say Thank You to all of you! You are all Heros!
Your welcome! I think I speak for everyone when I say its our pleasure.
PJRNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:10 AM   #93
Who Dares, Wins

I am a volunteer FF for Upper Providence Twp, PA DELCO since 1998
Volunteered and worked as a paid EMT since 2001 until becoming a LEO

Currently a municipal police officer for ten years, 8 of which for a town in eastern Chester County. I have done a bit of drug work, traffic unit and now ERT. So I think I have been lucky with where my life has brought me.

It has been a tough few months / year for our profession. But I can honestly say I have never loved my job any less in the ten years of being out here. I do actually enjoy getting up and coming to work because of the people I work with and the community I work for. Good to see so many of us out there, although I usually can flag them at the campgrounds since they general look around just as suspiciously as I do!! LOL

PS: I can confirm nor deny being armed at all times....

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #94
Missing Link

Volunteer FF for 5 years now just outside of Flint MI so we stay busy with mutual aid. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1434208226321.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	79789
Old 06-13-2015, 10:59 AM   #95

As someone else mentioned, good to know that so many of my fellow campers would know exactly what to do in an emergency, and I'm sure they would be the first to offer help. Thanks to all you guys and gals.

We camp at a place owned by a former highway patrolman with 20 years of experience, and I always feel safer because of that. He knows from experience how to deal with people who break the rules or otherwise cause problems. And I don't mean with a show of force.....just knowing how to talk to people.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #96
Director, FROG

Just cheering from the sidelines myself. Proud father of a Lieutenant on the Charleston, SC PD, and grateful to him and to all of you for your service and dedication.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:16 AM   #97
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
As someone else mentioned, good to know that so many of my fellow campers would know exactly what to do in an emergency, and I'm sure they would be the first to offer help. Thanks to all you guys and gals.

We camp at a place owned by a former highway patrolman with 20 years of experience, and I always feel safer because of that. He knows from experience how to deal with people who break the rules or otherwise cause problems. And I don't mean with a show of force.....just knowing how to talk to people.
SO he doesn't whip out the Taser and set those loud partiers straight after the quiet times!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:34 AM   #98
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeman View Post
Hey Crabbyguy, my better half and her friends have called me that name for many years. If I don't get called by that name I think something is wrong. Do you think we would last until nightfall?????
Exactly, "Honey you ok, you haven't called me ----------today." Nightfall? probably not. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
No. We'd have one assigned as security like all the wild parties I worked. Ha.
Perfect, that'll work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateE View Post

Crabbyguy- The first rule of Fight Club is "We don't talk about Fight Club." (or our weapons status).
Got it. Following up on your post, this was in yesterday's paper: Delaware volunteer fire companies struggling with recruitment
Old 06-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #99

Send a message via Yahoo to carluv
Retired Sergeant after 28 years at the Pinellas County,Fl. Sheriff Department. Like someone else mentioned, to many cameras and rules and regulations for police and bad guy has all the rights. Don't miss it anymore.
carluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:31 PM   #100

Newly Retired

Retired Sergeant 2 weeks ago with 33 years service with the SJPF (Saint John, NB, Canada) Will be RVing until October.
PeterF is offline   Reply With Quote