Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 05:05 PM   #111

Quote:
In all my years of camping I have never encountered with, or spoke with, when out camping, this much negativity at the CG sites. Most of the people I have encountered have been happy go lucky folks, enjoying themselves, not a bunch of grumps.
And that is a BIG difference... on a forum you can express opinions, in a campground you just let things go... and hope either you can leave or the wind changes direction.

Nobody on here has yet said they get upset with the neighbors while at the campground... I can think things without expressing them to a neighbor.

I did once get upset with a neighbor who poured gasoline on their campfire to get it going and flipped the can of gas to the ground when the flames flared up and caught my tent on fire with splashed gasoline... I did not even get pissed when they said the new hole in my tent was small and could easily be repaired with something bought from WalMart down the road... I just packed up and left.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab HEMI 3.21 8 Spd 4X4
Old 05-23-2016, 05:05 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
Just an observation here. In all my years of camping I have never encountered with, or spoke with, when out camping, this much negativity at the CG sites. Most of the people I have encountered have been happy go lucky folks, enjoying themselves, not a bunch of grumps.

You would think that anyone tuning into this forum would certainly stray clear from the camping scene with all the negativity being posted. Never mind what the next person does, unless it's truly disruptive, get out and enjoy yourself and have fun.

BA-HUM-BUG!

Old 05-23-2016, 05:24 PM   #113

Another thread going down in flames,,,,,,,,,
2016 Dutchmen Denali 287RE "The Dog House"
Eaz Lift WDH w/ Blue Ox 2 1/2" trunion
EezRV TPMS
Old 05-23-2016, 05:26 PM   #114
Site Team

There are over 78K members on this forum, some boondock in PUPs while others full time with full hooks in large MH or 5ers. Some spend most of their time outside while others may rarely exit their RV. Some believe it is not camping without a campfire, while others never have a fire and dislike smoke. That's what makes the forum as great as it is. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but please be respectful of opinions that differ from yours. I am sure we have all done something our neighbor wasn't happy about.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Old 05-23-2016, 05:35 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
There are over 78K members on this forum, some boondock in PUPs while others full time with full hooks in large MH or 5ers. Some spend most of their time outside while others may rarely exit their RV. Some believe it is not camping without a campfire, while others never have a fire and dislike smoke. That's what makes the forum as great as it is. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but please be respectful of opinions that differ with from yours. I am sure we have all done something our neighbor wasn't happy about.
AMEN
Old 05-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymhi View Post
BA-HUM-BUG!

Being a BA-HUM-BUG, Only allowable at Christmas Season.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Old 05-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #117

I love to camp, waiting until June the fifth. I meet the nicest people in campgrounds, love camping and meeting new people

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-23-2016, 06:53 PM   #118
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
And that is a BIG difference... on a forum you can express opinions, in a campground you just let things go... and hope either you can leave or the wind changes direction.

Nobody on here has yet said they get upset with the neighbors while at the campground... I can think things without expressing them to a neighbor.

I did once get upset with a neighbor who poured gasoline on their campfire to get it going and flipped the can of gas to the ground when the flames flared up and caught my tent on fire with splashed gasoline... I did not even get pissed when they said the new hole in my tent was small and could easily be repaired with something bought from WalMart down the road... I just packed up and left.
Those people had some gall, I admire you for not flipping out! I would have told them: "Great idea, so when are you going to Walmart to get something to repair my tent?"
Old 05-23-2016, 06:55 PM   #119
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
There are over 78K members on this forum, some boondock in PUPs while others full time with full hooks in large MH or 5ers. Some spend most of their time outside while others may rarely exit their RV. Some believe it is not camping without a campfire, while others never have a fire and dislike smoke. That's what makes the forum as great as it is. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but please be respectful of opinions that differ with from yours. I am sure we have all done something our neighbor wasn't happy about.
I say, let the purists have their campfires, smoke and all, and the neat-freaks can have pretend-fires with a fan and strips of red and yellow plastic that flop around in the breeze and maybe a red light bulb for "ambiance".
Old 05-23-2016, 07:34 PM   #120

Camping

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camping

Camping=Campfire.

Rhody