Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2011, 04:43 AM   #1

First Camping Trip

Well after a long Winter here in the North/East the campground had open it's gates this weekend as the 2011 camping season begains.
Fridays weather was rainy when we left the house and arrived, but Sat and Sun was over cast, but no rain, temps between the mid 40's on Firday and ended up near 60 on Sunday. All in all i guess i would have to rate the first weekend a "4" on a scale from 1 to 10. Happy Camping.......
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #2

Sorry to hear the weather didn't cooperate, but it must have felt good to finally get to go out again. That's the way we felt a couple of weeks ago on our first trip and the weather was similar to what you had.

Hopefully you were able to get things checked out and ready for the summer. Were you able to make a final plan for your new deck?

This past weekend was our second trip out. It was very windy but highs in the upper 80's and lows in the lower 70's. The crappie still haven't started their spawn and fishing was very slow , but we were able to catch enough to fill 4 quart bags with fillets.

Hopefully the weather will be a lot better your next time out.

Good luck and happy camping!
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Sorry to hear the weather didn't cooperate, but it must have felt good to finally get to go out again. That's the way we felt a couple of weeks ago on our first trip and the weather was similar to what you had.

Hopefully you were able to get things checked out and ready for the summer. Were you able to make a final plan for your new deck?

This past weekend was our second trip out. It was very windy but highs in the upper 80's and lows in the lower 70's. The crappie still haven't started their spawn and fishing was very slow , but we were able to catch enough to fill 4 quart bags with fillets.

Hopefully the weather will be a lot better your next time out.

Good luck and happy camping!
The cabin is ready, water heater is on, the stove is working and the a/c is good to go, one other thing, the fridge is good and cold for my Summer medication, i had three this past weekend to make sure the temp was just right. I do what to clean the condenser coil on the a/c unit the next time i go back, Doc said NO medication while working.

The plans for the deck are complete and i am pricing it out then hope to start in the next two weeks. We have one other thing we are going to do and that is to pull up the carpet and put down some type of hardwood or sheet good that looks like wood. The carpet is not in real bad shape but since it was a rental and was well taken care of we want to replace it.

It looks like the weather is going to be almost like this past weekend, and if so then i will have to sample the med's in the fridge and try to keep an eye on the temp.

Gary your catch looks good, but i am sorry to say....I don't like fish...Enjoy.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Well after a long Winter here in the North/East the campground had open it's gates this weekend as the 2011 camping season begains.
Fridays weather was rainy when we left the house and arrived, but Sat and Sun was over cast, but no rain, temps between the mid 40's on Firday and ended up near 60 on Sunday. All in all i guess i would have to rate the first weekend a "4" on a scale from 1 to 10. Happy Camping.......
Have you made plans for your next trip yet? Hopefully the weather will be better but it sounds like your trip went well over all.

My first two trips (over nighters) were ok but it got much better since then. Of course the longer the trip the more I love it!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #5

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Nice Catch !!! I havent caught that many in my life time. Never said I fished.....very nice catch !!
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Gary your catch looks good, but i am sorry to say....I don't like fish...Enjoy.
Wade, that's OK. There's always plenty of everything else when we have a fish fry and of course the cooler's full!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Nice Catch !!! I havent caught that many in my life time. Never said I fished.....very nice catch !!
Big Red, that actually took two of us fishing for two days to get that many. I've caught that many by myself in one morning during their spawn. My wife never fished much until last year. She finally went with me and I taught her how to catch them. Now she's planning on going without me on the days she's off work and I'm not!

I sure thought they would be spawning this past weekend, but the water temp didn't warm up like I thought it would. That's OK. It will give me something to look forward to in the next week or two.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrier View Post
Have you made plans for your next trip yet? Hopefully the weather will be better but it sounds like your trip went well over all.

My first two trips (overnighters) were ok but it got much better since then. Of course the longer the trip the more I love it!
Terier, we camp mostly every weekend, April to November. We have two ways of camping if you want to call it that or maybe it is Rving, we have an 8314ss Forest River Rock Wood and a log loft cabin in Hershey PA that is on an annual site, for now this is where we do most of our camping.
I don't expect the weather to be perfect all of the time, but it would be nice if it was when i need it to be so we just have to go with Mother Nature.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your trips out and as Spring breaks into Summer it gets better, it makes you want to take longer time....
Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Wade, that's OK. There's always plenty of everything else when we have a fish fry and of course the cooler's full!

Big Red, that actually took two of us fishing for two days to get that many. I've caught that many by myself in one morning during their spawn. My wife never fished much until last year. She finally went with me and I taught her how to catch them. Now she's planning on going without me on the days she's off work and I'm not!

I sure thought they would be spawning this past weekend, but the water temp didn't warm up like I thought it would. That's OK. It will give me something to look forward to in the next week or two.
Gary, Steamed Shrimp?
Old 04-12-2011, 05:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Gary, Steamed Shrimp?
Wade, I'll see what i can do. I just need to find out how to fish for lake shrimp and we'll be all set!