Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #1

First camping trip a success

My husband and I just got home from our 1st camping trip in our new Roo 21dk. We drove from NC to Michigan for 2wks. We spent 2 nights on the way, one in PA and one in IN. Warren Dunes State Pk was our first stop in MI followed by Holland State Pk, a privet campground in Mackinaw City then crossed over the Mackinaw Bridge to Brimley State Pk. We did lots of sight seeing and had a wonderful time. On our way South we stopped off in Frankenmuth, MI for a visit at Bronners. If you are a fan of Christmas you would enjoy Bronners. The weather was unusually cool even for MI. But with the furnace on and the heated matteress we were very comfortable. Only problem we had was at Krystal Lake Campground in Vassar, MI. They were having power surges starting after midnight and because we use a surge protector our elec. Kept going off. I sure am glad we had the surge protector as the digital printout on it said 132 volts at one time. We could have had some damage to the elec. System if we didn't have it. We've started planning our next trip.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1405831977.399785.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	727.1 KB
ID:	58504

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Ncgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Glad it went well. Stories like this make me glad we just purchased a surge protector for our new fiver.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:23 AM   #3
Incheon, S. Korea

Fantastic!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:26 AM   #4

Cool! Congrats on a good first trip. Glad you have the surge protector. That could have been ugly!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:58 PM   #5
cjearle

Sounds like a great trip! Your camper looks like our first one . It is a 2012. Selling it now . We enjoyed camping so much we upgraded. At the present we own two campers ouch.
cjearle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #6
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Sounds like you had a great time! Bronner's is definately unique. The UP is a great place,we backpacked along the southern shore of Lake Superior years ago, along Pictured Rocks.

Keep on Campin'
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #7
Travelers 500,000+

Glad to hear you had a good time in Michigan. Hope you don't let the cold bother you and you come back to Michigan again. We are beautiful in the fall! We had an unusual cold winter and the ice never came off Lake Superior until near the end of May. We just got back about a week ago from the Roger's City area. Used our electric heaters in our Rockwood even around the 4th, when last year at the same time, it was so hot, we kept having power outages because of everyone running their AC. You have to try the west end of the UP and visit WI and MN too! Driving along Lake Superior through the UP and WI and MN is like the west side of Newfoundland with our lighthouses and rocky coast line!
Michigan Campers/Travelers
Days camped in 2015 145
Murmaids is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping