Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2016, 05:29 PM   #1

First impression of the 2017 1/2 2501ts

We took ownership of our 2017.5 Forester 2501ts. I'll start with the downers so I can end on a high note. The one thing that I liked about FR RV's was the quality raised panel cabinets in the beautiful cherry wood, especially on the refrigerator. The new models have a dark wood they call "rustic cherry" but it's very dark. The cabinetry is now flat panel which made me sad. The refrigerator is stainless steel along with the microwave and fan. I hate stainless steel. The outdoor speakers have been moved from the coach wall There are now 3 inchers built into the Solera awning. They are HORRIBLE! Seriously, they sound like speakers from a handheld radio from 1970. Just awful. I will not be using them. I will see if they can be replaced but I don't think so. If they break, it's $100 each to replace them but I'm telling you, I wouldn't buy these from the Dollar Store! There is no longer a sub-woofer in the coach so we will be adding our own. And you can no longer get a sofa or recliners as an option which we wanted so that will also be an extra expense but we already knew that when we ordered it. It doesn't come with the Dyson vacuum anymore either.

It does have the new computerized ONEcontrol panel for everything. I like it but I'm worried about a malfunction. If it breaks, we're screwed. No control for slides, awning, generator, lights, water heater, propane or water pump. If your camp is setup and it doesn't work for whatever reason, you can't put your slides or awning in to break camp. So the jury is still out on this one.

The shower floor is solid. They have reinforced and insulated it more. Everything seems to be working as it should. the roof is Dicored well. No water leaks anywhere. The front stereo is a Pioneer and sounds great with many options. The back stereo is still the Jensen and sounds good. 32" Insignia TV has a nice picture and will do just fine. The counter tops are a little different but nothing to write home about. The new Waste Master sewage system is nice as well. The bed is comfortable and easy to make. The leveling system is great. The rig feels very solid. The ride is much nicer than I was expecting and Bill said it handled very nicely.

Over all, we are pleased with it and are looking forward to our shakedown trip. We know we can't compare "Jenny" (Run, Forest. Run!) to Bonnie Ann (our 2003 40' Beaver diesel pusher) but there are many benefits to downsizing and updating that we are happy to embrace.

So begins our journey with Jenny!

(If you know anyone who's looking for a nice 40' diesel pusher, I know where there's one for sale!)
Medic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:52 AM   #2

syphon vent

I forgot to mention that it now comes with the 360 Siphon RV Fume Extractor already installed. That made me happy because I was going to replace the standard vents with these. Saved $50 and having to work on the roof. (Not a fan of that)
Medic1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, 2501, forester