Old 11-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #11
Do not waste time with moth balls and the like

Originally Posted by Bigairh20 View Post
Hello All and thanks for welcoming me, my wife, and my dog.

We purchased a 2016 Forest River Forester 3011DS. I have winterized that bad boy...all the lines and faucets have pink antifreeze coming through...also poured a cup down each drain for the traps...

What else needs to be done...I will cover it once the cover arrives and she will stay with me at my office, so I do plan to get out there every other week to start her up, and move everything around...

any other things that I need to do, moth balls, mice traps, I saw something about dryer sheets....I have no idea what to do next, and of course when I bought it, the manuals are missing, we are waiting for them to arrive.

thanks in advance

P.S. I think I have knicknamed her "cruisin in the slow lane"
First thing Congrats on your nice coach it is nice to see someone really want to care for their coach, as for mice the best thing to do is purchase peppermint oil and get some cotton balls and some plastic gloves, or just purchase from (How to Use Fresh Cab | earthkind) of look on amazon for freash cab also, but you need to put them in basement locations and any lower cabinets that mice can get into. Also you should take a very minutes and open all you basement cabinets and look "up" and have a can or two of expandable foam with you and plug up and and all holes lets from building the coach to slow down there ways in.
After all that as you stated you7 will be checking on your baby so just keep and eye out and if needed put for fresh cab out during the winter.
Happy Camping and pray with all the other campers who want spring faster then it will be.

2010 Cedar Creek Silverback 35ts
2001 GMC 2500HD w/ Allison & 8.1
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:59 PM   #12
Salem Cruise Lite Owner
Check cabinets for that last soft drink, spaghetti sauce or anything that might freeze and explode!

Bushbunch is offline   Reply With Quote

winter, winterize